Peak Suspension Spacers

ZR2EDDYB

Reaction score
I installed the standard Peak Suspension Spacers which claim to give an exact level of 41.375 front and rear. My measurements do not align with this data. Has anyone measured before and after with this setup?

Attachments

• IMG_9909.png
    IMG_9909.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_9907.jpeg
    IMG_9907.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_9908.jpeg
    IMG_9908.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 103
I received a reply from Peak. The arms they refer to are the Dirt King UC’s.

Well if you did arms, that would affect it slightly because those arms are at a different angle from the factory, and the caster would move the axle forward.

Our test data was bone stock truck with just the leveling spacer.

The spacer thickness does not equal the total lift height. On top of the shock, it's double. On the bottom of the shock, it's .75.

For example, a 1/2" top spacer would equal 1" of lift. a 3/4" collar spacer would equal 1" of lift”

I have the peak upper spacers installed along with cognito upper arms. I also have 295/70r18s
My fenders sit roughly at:
DF-41.25
PF-40.75
DR-41.25
PR-41.25

Each truck is a little different but it looks level enough.

Attachments

• IMG_5572.jpeg
    IMG_5572.jpeg
    408 KB · Views: 100
I have the peak upper spacers installed along with cognito upper arms. I also have 295/70r18s
DF-41.25
PF-40.75
DR-41.25
PR-41.25

I would like to know if the increased caster in the Dirt King UC’s would really make me lose .5” of lift?

Seems like I have to add another 1” of lift just to get it level.

A half inch seems like a lot to get from just UCAs, it does change the suspension geometry, but I wouldn’t think it would change the ride height much from moving the position of the upper ball joint slightly.

I wonder if you could use a lower strut spacer to get the level dialed in just where you want it?

The disadvantage of the 1500 suspension is that it doesn’t come with ride height adjustment from the factory. The torsion keys on the HDs and most aftermarket struts have adjustability designed in to compensate for tolerances but the 1500 doesn’t have that.

A half inch seems like a lot to get from just UCAs, it does change the suspension geometry, but I wouldn’t think it would change the ride height much from moving the position of the upper ball joint slightly.

I wonder if you could use a lower strut spacer to get the level dialed in just where you want it?

The disadvantage of the 1500 suspension is that it doesn’t come with ride height adjustment from the factory. The torsion keys on the HDs and most aftermarket struts have adjustability designed in to compensate for tolerances but the 1500 doesn’t have that.
This is the route I am exploring.

Lower strut spacer would be a less invasive installation.

I am concerned with pushing the entire strut body too far out of stock alignment.

At this point I can get another inch with the peak collar or another inch with a lower strut spacer.

The saga continues. Response from Dirt King:

“That is incorrect. An aftermarket UCA or changing caster does not change your ride height. That is all done by your shock setup. The UCA corrects the geometry and adds caster as it's lost through an aftermarket shock that provides lift. It also neutralizes the pivot angle to the spindle, so it's not maxed out.”

DF-41.25
PF-40.75
DR-41.25
PR-41.25

It is interesting you are measuring close to the claimed lift level with 34”+ tires.

Which part are you referring to?
Either one. Unless they have changed the design of them very recently the factory arms don’t allow for much alteration before you risk failure. I’m not saying it’s a for certain thing as there’s people with ZR2s and TBs out there with leveling kits and other mods and they’re rolling along fine but as someone who’s dealt with a failure due to a unknown but luckily dealer installed leveling kit on a low mileage TB you can’t mess with the geometry of these trucks too much.

Either one. Unless they have changed the design of them very recently the factory arms don’t allow for much alteration before you risk failure. I’m not saying it’s a for certain thing as there’s people with ZR2s and TBs out there with leveling kits and other mods and they’re rolling along fine but as someone who’s dealt with a failure due to a unknown but luckily dealer installed leveling kit on a low mileage TB you can’t mess with the geometry of these trucks too much.
The factory UCs leave a lot to be desired.

That is why I swapped them out for Dirt King upper control arms. 1-2” is well within the capabilities of these arms.

295/70r18s rubbed significantly for me, the increased diameter of the 285/75s would have been too much. Maybe they would have been narrow enough but I really doubt it with the increased height. It seems like a lot of the trailboss trucks can fit 285/75s on stock wheels. A lot of us have aftermarket wheels with negative offset that limits how tall of a tire we can fit.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back