Peak Suspension Spacers

I have the Peak 2.25” kit which includes the preload spacer and top strut spacer. I am running the Peak UCA’s as well and I measure 43” after alignment in the front.

With the Peak kit, some trimming, and spacing out the front bumper about 5/8” I am able to run 285/75 R18 (35x11.25) Nitto Ridge Grapplers on the oem wheels with 2” wheel spacers without rubbing.

IMG_8293.jpeg
IMG_8294.jpeg

I have the Peak 2.25” kit which includes the preload spacer and top strut spacer. I am running the Peak UCA’s as well and I measure 43” after alignment in the front.

With the Peak kit, some trimming, and spacing out the front bumper about 5/8” I am able to run 285/75 R18 (35x11.25) Nitto Ridge Grapplers on the oem wheels with 2” wheel spacers without rubbing.

View attachment 13756View attachment 13757
So you’re effectively sitting at a roughly -24 offset?

I was hoping to stay away from spacing the front bumper. I will be adding a set of 17’s this week with 315/70s.

Yeah, right around -25. I think the stance looks so much better.

The 17's will look great! As far as spacing out the bumper it's not too difficult and most people don't even notice, even after I point it out.

Some people cut out the crash bars behind the front wheels all together. I chose to cut out the large curve and welded in a flat plate so I still retained the bars.

Yeah, right around -25. I think the stance looks so much better.

The 17's will look great! As far as spacing out the bumper it's not too difficult and most people don't even notice, even after I point it out.

Some people cut out the crash bars behind the front wheels all together. I chose to cut out the large curve and welded in a flat plate so I still retained the bars.
Post up some pics of your solution.

I have thought about either 3D printing a plate or having something fabbed out of stainless steel.

What did you use as spacers for the front bumper?

Post up some pics of your solution.

I have thought about either 3D printing a plate or having something fabbed out of stainless steel.

What did you use as spacers for the front bumper?
For the bumper spacing I used oversized nuts along with flat washers as spacers.

Here are some pics of the mods with welded plates to the crash bars.
IMG_8298.jpeg
IMG_8299.jpeg
IMG_8300.jpeg
IMG_8301.jpeg

Did you have to drill any new Holes in the front bumper mounting brackets?
Yes, one on each side for the bracket that holds the bumper in each corner and that connects to the fog lights. i spaced out that bracket the same as the others and drilled a hole in the aluminum where the side support bracket landed.

View attachment 13756View attachment 13757
would you need to trim if you did not have the wheel spacers ?

would you need to trim if you did not have the wheel spacers ?
I never tried it without spacers with the larger tires. I ran the spacers on the stock tires and only had some very minor trimming to the plastic at the bottom rear of the front wheel well.

Most Member Reactions

Back