Newest Software Update...

BearZr2

Reaction score
I got a notification from Chevrolet/GMC that their was a software update for my 2023 Chevrolet Zr2...
So I called my local dealership (where I bought my truck from, last year) ...made an appt to go in and have it updated...it took about an hour.
The next day...I thought I noticed when I turned on the turning signal, that it wasn't making it's usual sound...plus when the signal went off...the sound was there for a while afterwards...
The sound didn't match the signal being on or off.
Then I started noticing that when you take off your seat belt and you're in motion ...its supposed to make a dinging noise...but it was making the noise while I was in park...
All odd!!! I went back to the dealership and let them know about the issue and showed them.
They want me to come back so they can look at it...
Crazy...crazy...crazy.

I got a notification from Chevrolet/GMC that their was a software update for my 2023 Chevrolet Zr2...
So I called my local dealership (where I bought my truck from, last year) ...made an appt to go in and have it updated...it took about an hour.
The next day...I thought I noticed when I turned on the turning signal, that it wasn't making it's usual sound...plus when the signal went off...the sound was there for a while afterwards...
Then I started noticing that when you take off your seat belt and you're in motion ...its supposed to make a dinging noise...but it was making the noise while I was in park...
All odd!!! I went back to the dealership and let them know about the issue and showed them.
Crazy...crazy...crazy.
My blinker does sound a little different, but thats it.

Needs blinker fluid...everyone knows that ;)
1729467542772.png

Crazy...crazy...crazy.
I'm having the same issue. I took it in, they disconnected the battery overnight, and the reset seemed to work for a few days. Unfortunately, after a few days, it went back to the audible noise was about ten seconds out of synch with the signal. I just left a message with service. I will let you know if they have a solution. Please let me know if you find any answers. Steve

Why do people keep thinking these software updates are worth a shit....... this is fucking GM and well kniwn software people have left that organization cause it's such a POS.
My SW update pretty much fixed everything. Go buy a Ford next time or a Ram....

Why do people keep thinking these software updates are worth a shit....... this is fucking GM and well kniwn software people have left that organization cause it's such a POS.
Agreed, these updates are risky and do not address the problems. There was an update in 2023 that was supposed to fix infotainment and other misc issues but fell short and was essentially a failure. This latest update is already having mixed results and causing new issues on some rigs. No way in hell am I having this one applied. And it makes me think this might be the last one unless GM can get OTA to work (fat chance) because the dealerships aren’t doing these updates for “free”. And when it takes an hour, that will add up for GM. They’ll be looking to turn a blind eye on these issues real soon with new models around the corner which will also have their own software and hardware issues.

Reactions: AXE
Agreed, these updates are risky and do not address the problems. There was an update in 2023 that was supposed to fix infotainment and other misc issues but fell short and was essentially a failure. This latest update is already having mixed results and causing new issues on some rigs. No way in hell am I having this one applied. And it makes me think this might be the last one unless GM can get OTA to work (fat chance) because the dealerships aren’t doing these updates for “free”. And when it takes an hour, that will add up for GM. They’ll be looking to turn a blind eye on these issues real soon with new models around the corner which will also have their own software and hardware issues.
A good dealer will do them for free. They are supposed to resolve issues and are covered under warranty. If you need to find another dealer, then do it. Any Chevy or GMC dealer can do this.

My SW update pretty much fixed everything. Go buy a Ford next time or a Ram....
Sloooo clap...........LMFAO..........have two Rams, they work just fine. I've got three Chevy's and none of them work. It's just software, it can't be that hard to fix consistently......unless your G fuckin M.

How about these GM cocksuckers having a little pride in their work. I've been driving Chevy trucks for decades longer than any of the GM software geeks. How about put in some overtime and come up some software and hardware that isn't shitty. It's not that fucking hard.

Last edited:
Yep, I had my 22 done in February of 23 and it worked pretty well for about 1 month. Then is seemed to slide back into its old intermittent patterns. Never had the 23 Tahoe done cause I've had only a few noticeable issues and don't trust the update. The 24 has some issues too with random error messages in DiC and on infotainment system.

Just had my 24 have a message flash at start up telling my brake gain had been reset to 0, but was not related to the brake controller recall and I had to reset the gain again. Not sure what that was all about but I've never heard of error message popping up on top center of infotainment system before. Just some more random shit that you can expect. Mind you, this is after several issues with different trailers throwing codes about being disconnected/reconnected which now seems to have subsided.

Also I added 2.5 gallons of DEF fluid twice on a recent long haul. Immediately upon adding the DIC flashed a DEF low warning <500 to go before reduced power. Then it went away. Totally useless system that doesn't know what it will do next.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back