Keyless Entry Keypad

slicer

Reaction score
1721533013541.png

I really want this on my truck (would love to leave my keys in the truck while I am gone scuba diving or on the beach and use the door code to get in truck).

Does it REALLY require dealership programming?

Will the truck lock with the fob inside it?

View attachment 14656

I really want this on my truck (would love to leave my keys in the truck while I am gone scuba diving or on the beach and use the door code to get in truck).

If it says it does, I would assume it does ;)

View attachment 14656

im sure it would require programming. basically another key fob. i guess its battery powered?

Ok fine, programming required. I can live with that.

Does anyone know if key fob can be left in the truck and doors locked?

I've had cars that wont let me lock doors if key fob was left inside it. I havent tried it on my truck.

I've had cars that wont let me lock doors if key fob was left inside it. I havent tried it on my truck.
Until someone buys it, and posts their experience, will be hard to know.

One of my favorite features of my 2012 Ford HD, in the winter I would let the diesel idle when I went into stores or whatever and could lock the truck with key in ignition and when our hunting or floating or climbing or whatever. Was super handy, hoping this works just as good as the Ford…

I vote you try it and let the forum know, take one for the team 😅😅😅

OK...now that more has been posted, I think the info is clearer. Based on what @ZR2NYC posted, the unit is clearly battery powered with a lithium cell that can survive for about 6 years. Keypads use very little energy and draw micro-current. This must just be a transmitter like your key fob. It must be dealer programmed just like a replacement fob so the vehicle recognizes the keypad. Not rocket science and, most likely, just sticks to the pillar with 3M heavy duty automotive tape. If I saw the value in one, I would buy it, but I don't.

You can lock the doors with a keyfob left in the truck. I don't know about the keypad, But I would think it would work the same. I leave a spare fob in my truck often while camping or kayaking. One thing to note is if you lock the doors and close them with a fob inside. Your horn will blow to let you know a fob is inside. If you lock it with a second fob this doesn't happen. The doors stay locked and you can't just push the door handle button to unlock with the fob that still inside. Also the keyfob inside kind of goes into a sleep mode. So if you jump in the truck and just push the start button. The truck prompts you to move your keyfob to wake it up. I figured this out one day because I unlocked my truck with my phone and jumped in it to move it thinking I didn't need my fob cause one was in the truck, lol.

You can buy Faraday pouch on amazon for keyfobs though that will block the keyfobs signal. I haven't tried one, But I plan on picking one up. They are cheap like around 10 bucks. Mainly because the truck prompts that message on the DIC. So if someone where to get in the truck and try to start it. The truck tells them not only was a fob left in it, But also tells them to just move the fob to wake it up. So really if your going to leave a fob behind. It's probably better the truck doesn't know about it, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240722_155635_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240722_155635_Chrome.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 20
View attachment 14656

also a fun fact.....the internal battery is NOT replaceable. specs say it should last about 5-6 years and its roughly $150 for programming/ install depending on dealer.

$18 and it hangs right from the door handle. Then you accessorize with this simple sign message.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240722_154534_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240722_154534_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 12
  • SmartSelect_20240722_154815_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240722_154815_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 12

Most Member Reactions