C Load stock tires

I am surprised GM put these cheap Goodyears on a $70k truck.
Why? They cut a lot of corners with parts, materials, and manufacturing. The tires are probably more reliable and it's easy to fix or replace them. The other shit you just have to deal with and hope GM fixes it.

I didn't run the MTs on my 1500 much because I wanted a larger size and new wheels. They look great on my neighbors Denali and seem to be wearing pretty well.

I've only got 5500 miles on my 2500HD, but after some towing, commuting, off roading, and long road trips, I'd give them 8.5-9.0. Probably my only complaint is they pick up a lot of small rocks in the tires and they come out like piss missles when you hit 60 mph.

I'm still thinking of getting some 37s, but the more I drive it, the more I like it the way it is.

Last edited:
I'm still thinking of getting some 37s, but the more I drive it, the more I like it the way it is
@securityguy @NullNomad and @ZR2NYC all said you dont have enough guac to buy 37's on a private massage group we have going on.

We only let baby Null in the group because we felt sorry for him and his weasel engine.

@securityguy @NullNomad and @ZR2NYC all said you dont have enough guac to buy 37's on a private massage group we have going on.

We only let baby Null in the group because we felt sorry for him and his weasel engine.
1721959862927.gif

The main reason I’m surprised is due to the fact that putting a cheap tire on a truck like this Knowing people will tow things, haul things, and just plain drive it like they stole it is begging for a law suit. I’ll put a few thousand on them and then replace them with something else.

Yes there are lots of corners cut with these trucks. My passenger side carpet has a bare spot where you can see the blue floor pan. They must have run short on carpet the day mine was built.

The main reason I’m surprised is due to the fact that putting a cheap tire on a truck like this Knowing people will tow things, haul things, and just plain drive it like they stole it is begging for a law suit. I’ll put a few thousand on them and then replace them with something else.

Yes there are lots of corners cut with these trucks. My passenger side carpet has a bare spot where you can see the blue floor pan. They must have run short on carpet the day mine was built.
I went with Toyo RT Trails in 295 and they have been great. Load Range E and hardly any wear at 10 k miles. I have a detailed post on them.

It's pretty easy to sell the stock tires/wheels to recover some of your investment.

I went with Toyo RT Trails in 295 and they have been great. Load Range E and hardly any wear at 10 k miles. I have a detailed post on them.

It's pretty easy to sell the stock tires/wheels to recover some of your investment.
I had the Toyo RT's, after market wheels, and a lift on my Tundra. The truck looked amazing but there is a down side to adding those things. This one will stay mostly stock except the tires.

I had the Toyo RT's, after market wheels, and a lift on my Tundra. The truck looked amazing but there is a down side to adding those things. This one will stay mostly stock except the tires.
Yeah the $3500 price tag. The tires are $425 each.

I think there are better tires for mixed use. I find that these have a little wander in them, I’ve run a bunch of Toyos and know there good.
I do think the truck was designed to get you off road and not really be a “work” truck

This should be called the ZR2 bitching forum.

Goodyear is as good as it gets, I love them. different size but same tire my TRX came with.

I think there are better tires for mixed use. I find that these have a little wander in them, I’ve run a bunch of Toyos and know there good.
I do think the truck was designed to get you off road and not really be a “work” truck
Interesting perspective. My 2500 rolls down the road straight as an arrow. Handles great on all terrain and high speed curves. It almost why I may not do the 37s.

Well it is Friyay. Time for the weekly "my wife drives a ZR2 but on the TRX forum. . . "
Never seen someone bitch about Duramaxes more and he's worried about a minor tire complaint.

I've said this before, everyone has a right to voice their opinion or complaint. It ain't that big of deal. Oftentimes problems get resolved that way, which is why I offered up some suggestions on other tire options for the OP.

Never seen someone bitch about Duramaxes more and he's worried about a minor tire complaint.

I've said this before, everyone has a right to voice their opinion or complaint. It ain't that big of deal. Oftentimes problems get resolved that way, which is why I offered up some suggestions on other tire options for the OP.
What you eat makes other people sh!t apparently

My post was more an observation than a bitch or complaint. I’ve owned a lot of different cars and trucks and this may be my favorite.

I had some Michelin LTX M/S on my 03 4Runner with the 4.7 V8 and it would go any where. And was awesome in the snow. The only time I was ever stuck (buried almost to the frame in dirt) I locked the center diff and it climbed right out like a fucking champ! I may go the same route on the zr2 given the very limited off roading it will see.

Last edited:
This is about what a POS Goodyear tires are and what a POS company GM is for using them. if you don't like Goodyear or GM don't buy the goddamn vehicle , the chevy dealer have pictures of you with sheep or something?

Ram uses the Goodyear on the TRX because they're good tires and have the highest speed rating for that type of tire. cheap tire? what's better?

Waterdog I'm not directing this at you, I disagree with your assertion Goodyear is a cheap tire but a conversation about alternatives is typical forum talk. and yes of course if you don't want this type of tire there are much better ones for typical hiway driving. and Michelin would be at the top of my list. it just gets old to hear the usual Debbie Downers whine about how stupid they are for buying a GM relentlessly.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back