Window lock out does nothing

Waterdog

Reaction score
After having windows tinted I locked the windows so they can't be put down. So I thought? Roll up to the valet at a restaurant yesterday and my wife hits the window button and then says "Oh Shit" remembering the the windows were tinted a few days ago. Window lock does nothing. Anyone else notice this?

After having windows tinted I locked the windows so they can't be put down. So I thought? Roll up to the valet at a restaurant yesterday and my wife hits the window button and then says "Oh Shit" remembering the the windows were tinted a few days ago. Window lock does nothing. Anyone else notice this?
Window lock does not impact the drivers side window...only the remaining 3.

Yep that is why I was surprised when my wife rolled down her window to talk to the valet guy. All windows go up and down even with the lock on. The button does nothing.

The passenger window will still operate as well, lockout only disables the rear windows. Did you check the rear ones?
No I did not. Let me check. On every other car I've owned the lock locks out all but the driver window. Thanks for the heads up.

Most Member Reactions

Back