Winch Backorder

tjtx

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully ordered one of the winches lately? I ordered mine on 4/24 and it's still on back order. The installation kit is in stock, but that's pretty useless without the winch itself..

Waiting on parts is the worst, I'm also waiting on my Smartcap Evoa to arrive which was supposed to ship in mid May :(

Also does anyone have any clue if the upfitter switches, winch, and 2nd alternator all have enough battery lugs on that bus bar? Or am I gonna have to get uh, creative?

It shipped today seems like.. Only took ~3mo.. Too bad I'm 3000 miles away in the woods.

Last edited:
I can pick it up for you if you can't.
I think you're still a day+ drive away from where it's being shipped.

I hope it's worth the wait and fits nicely. I wish it was a bigger winch, but I'll take it. I guess I can order a Factor55 ultrahook now.

Also does anyone have any clue if the upfitter switches, winch, and 2nd alternator all have enough battery lugs on that bus bar? Or am I gonna have to get uh, creative?
The alts are high amp output shouldn't need a 2nd

The alts are high amp output shouldn't need a 2nd
Too late, it's already got 2. I'm sucking 40a of power to charge our trailer batteries when driving as well as having an additional 60-80a of draw when using the onboard air, plus the winch. Having a dedicated alternator to ensure I've got enough 12v and i'm not draining the batteries is worth the $500 option.

Edit: Sorry just saw it was an HD. Not sure if this would still work.

If you don’t want to cutout the large portion of the top you can drill a 1 1/4” hole for the clutch handle. Or do what I did and have 2 covers. I only use it in the winter.

Attachments

• IMG_8265.jpeg
    IMG_8265.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5976.jpeg
    IMG_5976.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 24
Edit: Sorry just saw it was an HD. Not sure if this would still work.

If you don’t want to cutout the large portion of the top you can drill a 1 1/4” hole for the clutch handle. Or do what I did and have 2 covers. I only use it in the winter.
2 covers? What, are you rich or something?

Reactions: AXE
I told the dealership not to cut it. If it wouldn’t work leave it off and I’ll figure it out. They went ahead and cut it and bought me a 2nd second one.

I’m not rich enough for an HD.

Has anyone successfully ordered one of the winches lately? I ordered mine on 4/24 and it's still on back order. The installation kit is in stock, but that's pretty useless without the winch itself..

Waiting on parts is the worst, I'm also waiting on my Smartcap Evoa to arrive which was supposed to ship in mid May :(
Yes, I ordered one at the end of July and it arrived at the dealership within a week and another week after that I had the install appointment. They had the truck for 6 days, 2 of which were the mechanics days off and I didn’t want someone else coming in to finish what the other one started. I also had the step lights blue tooth tailgate audio and 200wt subwoofer installed on the same work order. I believe the winch install was 2+ days to complete. Turned out nice, clean installation. Can’t wait to yank something or pull myself out of a pickle.

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpeg
    IMG_0933.jpeg
    470.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0933.jpeg
    IMG_0933.jpeg
    470.6 KB · Views: 19
Yes, I ordered one at the end of July and it arrived at the dealership within a week and another week after that I had the install appointment. They had the truck for 6 days, 2 of which were the mechanics days off and I didn’t want someone else coming in to finish what the other one started. I also had the step lights blue tooth tailgate audio and 200wt subwoofer installed on the same work order. I believe the winch install was 2+ days to complete. Turned out nice, clean installation. Can’t wait to yank something or pull myself out of a pickle.
What did they get you for for the winch install labor?

Most Member Reactions

Back