What would you do?

I'd already be driving it. That rig looks great! It looks refined yet tough. I don't think these trucks will get a 25 refresh, cause the Tahoe got bumped to 25. So you get this one now and then get a 26 later with the new goods.

I'd already be driving it. That rig looks great! It looks refined yet tough. I don't think these trucks will get a 25 refresh, cause the Tahoe got bumped to 25. So you get this one now and then get a 26 later with the new goods.
Ofcourse you would Guac Money 🥑 💰

I can get $57,000 for my 23 ZR2. My local GMC dealer has this XT4X Bison loaded that I can get for $82,500 OTD without the trade (includes the $1000 Costco Rebate). Was going to wait for a 2025 and, maybe even splurge for a 2500 HD with a gasser, which is WAY overkill for my needs. Giving serious thought to it, just not sure it's that much different to do it now or wait until next winter/spring and pop on a 2025.

Thoughts?

I can get $57,000 for my 23 ZR2. My local GMC dealer has this XT4X Bison loaded that I can get for $82,500 OTD without the trade (includes the $1000 Costco Rebate). Was going to wait for a 2025 and, maybe even splurge for a 2500 HD with a gasser, which is WAY overkill for my needs. Giving serious thought to it, just not sure it's that much different to do it now or wait until next winter/spring and pop on a 2025.

Thoughts?

I agree with @8ball_99
I paid cash for my 22 and own it, so I'm not in the market for the latest and greatest.... It's personal choice.

I have already put $5k + into mine and still have another $8-10k in mods I still want. (suspension, wheels bumpers, winch, rack mount shade, ect.)
I would hate to start all over with a new truck.

The GMC branding and vibrating seats are the only real difference from the Chevy (besides the bison package)

IMHO the 30k + would be better spent on something else or other toys, ect..
My Dad drilled the concept of purchasing quality and meticulous care = long lasting use/enjoyment into my mindset and it has served me well with all my big purchases.

If you want the latest/greatest, @AXE has a good point as well with the refresh timing.
BUT again, it's personal choice. Hope you get what you want.

I agree with @8ball_99
I paid cash for my 22 and own it, so I'm not in the market for the latest and greatest.... It's personal choice.

I have already put $5k + into mine and still have another $8-10k in mods I still want. (suspension, wheels bumpers, winch, rack mount shade, ect.)
I would hate to start all over with a new truck.

The GMC branding and vibrating seats are the only real difference from the Chevy (besides the bison package)

IMHO the 30k + would be better spent on something else or other toys, ect..
My Dad drilled the concept of purchasing quality and meticulous care = long lasting use/enjoyment into my mindset and it has served me well with all my big purchases.

If you want the latest/greatest, @AXE has a good point as well with the refresh timing.
BUT again, it's personal choice. Hope you get what you want.
That's why I don't move on very quickly. Spend a lot on accessories and time for the work to install them. It's a hassle to change over. My last two 2500HDs I drove for 19 years combined with few issues. Not sure what this new one will bring. But if I get tired of it, it'll likely be due to electronic gremlins.

If your not financing it and ok with the $30K hit then go for it.
If you are financing it, that $30K will cost you more now in 2024 than it did back in 2022. Damn rates are still too expensive to be living with borrowed money.

I looked at the ATX4 before I bought my ZR2 Bison because they're a lot easier to find. they're boring in my opinion, I like the fake hood scoop and I wanted real red. I'd stick with the chevy.

I like my ZR2, but if I was looking for a 3/4 or 1 ton I'd go with Ford. I have a '22 king ranch and it's hands down more comfortable than GM and the powerjoke is a better engine among other reasons. that may not be popular on a GM forum but it's true nevertheless.

If your not financing it and ok with the $30K hit then go for it.
If you are financing it, that $30K will cost you more now in 2024 than it did back in 2022. Damn rates are still too expensive to be living with borrowed money.
I never finance unless it's a ZERO % deal. Pay cash for everything.

OK...went out to look at it today. Love the truck, but not enough significant enhancements over my ZR2. Massaging seats are cool and work well. Do I need them? Nope. I'm going to hold off and see what the 2025s do. Supposed to be very minor changes but I'm getting close to the 2 year mark and always get the itch. If I could find a 2500 HD ZR2/AT4X Gasser, I would probably bite the bullet and call it a day. Can't find any and I totally comprehend why they're few and far between.

Last edited:
OK...went out to look at it today. Love the truck, but not enough significant enhancements over my ZR2. Massaging seats are cool and work well. Do I need them? Nope. I'm going to hold off and see what the 2025s do. Supposed to be very minor changes but I'm getting close to the 2 year mark and always get the itch. If I could find a 2500 HD ZR2/AT4X Gasser, I would probably bite the bullet and call it a day. Can't find any and I totally comprehend why they're few and far between.
There's a lot of gasser 2500HDs. That gray one i posted was a gasser.

Seen this pretty nice Pavement Princess at the Depot today.

1000038361.jpg

Looked really good 👍

And it was the right shade of Black

Most Member Reactions

Back