Feeling Gun Shy.....

Well, this is one of the reasons I buy oil burners. Have no choice but to do this when it is well over 100 gets to 116 in the summer sometimes with 80 mph winds. Gassers do not handle that kind of idling well. My oil burners have no issues especially with the high idle on the GM trucks. Good part about the idling not just for weather but working on the ranch south of Carlsbad is I live in DFW so everything gets cleaned out nicely on the 475 mile drive home. Been doing this for years with GM, Ford and Ram HD oil burners with 0 emissions issues.

I do treat my fuel with Diesel Kleen and once a month with the Lucas Deep Clean.
For sure that trip home helps clean things out especially if you are battling winds. That certainly puts a load on the engine. Diesel clean is great too. I use that in my Ram.

In the words of the Great Orator Big Johnson I offer one last bit of advice. If you understand this, the decision is easy!

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231214_111340_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231214_111340_Google.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 49
  • SmartSelect_20231214_111359_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231214_111359_Google.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 49
OK...decision made. Passing on the 2500 Diesel based on everyone's responses and my type of driving. The 6.6L AT4X gasser I was going to look at this afternoon sold yesterday. My plan now is to hang onto the ZR2 and see what happens with the 2025 MY or see if a 2500 ZR2 gasser comes available that I can get a great deal on. To make myself feel better, I just ordered the Corsa exhaust with the black tips. They let me have the Black Friday sale price of $1500 shipped :)

OK...decision made. Passing on the 2500 Diesel based on everyone's responses and my type of driving. The 6.6L AT4X gasser I was going to look at this afternoon sold yesterday. My plan now is to hang onto the ZR2 and see what happens with the 2025 MY or see if a 2500 ZR2 gasser comes available that I can get a great deal on. To make myself feel better, I just ordered the Corsa exhaust with the black tips. They let me have the Black Friday sale price of $1500 shipped :)

good for you bro. im diggin the dual outlet. expect a full report on exhaust pros/cons. think you will be first with Corsa.

I have been reading all of the posts related to the 24 about quality issues. @AXE appears to have found several and others are stating issues with the 3.0 babymax too. I just learned that my 2500 Duramax ZR2 Bison was just delivered. I must say I am a bit apprehensive about going through with the transaction. I have had ZERO issues with my 1500 except for the common infotainment issues. I love the truck and would do a few more things to it if I kept it, but really love the 2500 too. I am headed out on a BIZ trip and get back Friday around 1pm. I am then heading straight to the dealer to take a look and go for a drive. They are going to PDI it and not wash it at my request or put dealer stickers on it. I know I'll love it when I see it, but I don't want my emotions to force me to make a bad decision. I know I can buy it and then sell it in 6-months to a year and, most likely, still make money. There is one AT4X 6.6 Gasser at the GMC dealer that won't budge off MSRP or I may consider that as a viable alternative as I believe @8ball_99 did.

Keep in mind, as I have stated before, I do a TON of very short trips 1-3 miles during the week and another concern is clogging the DPF. I don't haul...I don't tow...this will be a giant TOY! I would have to go out of my way to put a good 25+ miles on her once a week to see if she'll do a nice regen. I am torn my friends and looking for any thoughts/suggestions on how you would proceed based on what I've shared.

Thanks!
Hmmmm. I just traded my 1500 ZR2 on a 2024 GMC 2500HD AT4X. I had 30K on my 1500. I had no problems with it. I guess I'll see how this GMC does. I'm driving to Florida from Louisville, KY, then back up to Louisville, three days later I'll be driving to Denver, Colorado. Should be a good test. I'll keep the site informed of the pros and cons.

Hmmmm. I just traded my 1500 ZR2 on a 2024 GMC 2500HD AT4X. I had 30K on my 1500. I had no problems with it. I guess I'll see how this GMC does. I'm driving to Florida from Louisville, KY, then back up to Louisville, three days later I'll be driving to Denver, Colorado. Should be a good test. I'll keep the site informed of the pros and cons.
thats a good test...🤘🤘

Most Member Reactions

Back