Ultimate9 Throttle Controller is truly the ULTIMATE!!!

Your still just speculating and arm waving with only experience with 1/2 the products in question. You're not the right guy to answer the question. That's why I've asked those that do have both parts to post the information.

I'm not the least bit interested in a UC9. I can make mine run great without it. I seen them dating back to mid 2000s. I was never impressed. Tuners are the only way to get performance, so we'll see if they get one to market. That thread will be written then
I will say this and I’m out…the U9 will make a huge difference even with those that opted for the Range. The U9 gives you multiple modes of operation and 9 settings per mode. Maybe what you used in the mid2000s isn’t anything like the devices available today. You say you can make yours run great without it. I say Bull Shit! Nothing that you can do, minus a tune, will give you the throttle response the U9 will and make your truck put a huge smile on your face. When I set my U9 to stock…it’s a DOG!!! Now maybe the Range does enhance the throttle a bit. But I’d put money on the fact that it does nothing like the U9 will do. I believe they will enhance each other as @dedtoof stated above. The U9 can only help and not hurt anything. You are right and I’m not the right guy. But common sense is common sense and you don’t need a Ph.D. To figure this one out 😉

Reactions: AXE
I will say this and I’m out…the U9 will make a huge difference even with those that opted for the Range. The U9 gives you multiple modes of operation and 9 settings per mode. Maybe what you used in the mid2000s isn’t anything like the devices available today. You say you can make yours run great without it. I say Bull Shit! Nothing that you can do, minus a tune, will give you the throttle response the U9 will and make your truck put a huge smile on your face. When I set my U9 to stock…it’s a DOG!!! Now maybe the Range does enhance the throttle a bit. But I’d put money on the fact that it does nothing like the U9 will do. I believe they will enhance each other as @dedtoof stated above. The U9 can only help and not hurt anything. You are right and I’m not the right guy. But common sense is common sense and you don’t need a Ph.D. To figure this one out 😉
You've said that a million times, we get it! Now there's a different set of parameter were dealing with since product #2 entered the chat a few weeks ago. Now we're on a different quest.

He did not state that! He said they worked fine together. That is one question that was answered not all the questions.

I apolgize for singling you out. I wasnt intending on picking on you specifically. I was just saying there's a lot of posts that don't provide any quantitative or qualitative data.

I think for someone that doesn't have the UC9, but is considering the DFM delete module, it might help to understand if there are really any notable improvements by stacking the UC9. For example, you already get some throttle response improvements from the DFM module, but also perhaps shifting and mileage improvements (maybe equipmentlongevity) . If you add the UC9 do you get more improvements and do you burn more fuel cause your stabbing the throttle more often. I think there are likely trade offs when stacking them, but the only way to tell is run them separately and then stacked over 300-500 miles each way to see what happens. That's a commitment, so we'll see if anyone wants to take it on.
No worries at all, I just wanted to say that they seem to play together well. I do agree some further testing and info would be nice.

WOW…does this really matter that much that you need a scientific dissertation on it??? I would say they enhance each other and clearly don’t interfere with one another. Some of you all need to take a chill pill 💊 The U9 is cheap like the Range. Just get one and try it…no big deal.
Maybe he is an engineer 😂

Are you trying to make me jump back in 🤔
IDK, seem like we've gotten all the fun out of this one a guy could wring. I'm not going to be able to respond anyway, cause I got 1500 miles to put on the next two days.

Last edited:
Received my Ultimate9 evcX530 yesterday. I've had a chance to do a bunch of driving around and playing with the settings and I REALLY LOVE this thing. WOW!!! What a difference in throttle response and how the truck drives now. I've had Pedal Commanders in the past and this puts the PC to shame along with the Sprint Booster. 5-minute install and you can either mount and use the microcontroller (as seen in my pics...very small), or you can also use it via Bluetooth with an app on your phone with or without the microcontroller installed for a stealth appearance. It also has a LOCK feature that locks out the accelerator pedal in case someone tries to steal your truck...the pedal will not function. If you are interested in bringing your ZR2 to life and eliminate throttle lag that these trucks have, this is a must buy and I highly recommend it!

View attachment 1623
View attachment 1624
Getting one next week! Watched a lot of videos on different brands and this seems like it's the best!

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back