Trailering Problems

BigBlue_22

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Seeing if I can get some thoughts on a trailering issue I have.
I have a ATV trailer that hooks up no problem to my 2005 suburban and 2013
Savana van.
However when I went to plug the trailer into my 2022 Silverado zr2 the running lights didn’t work and the right brake light and turn signal was out. I replaced the four flat harness with no avail. Please let me know if you guys have any recommendations.

You can test the function of your trailer wire connection with a test light. There are videos on YouTube and some other diagrams showing how the leads function. Probably worth a trip to the dealer.

I've got a lot of undiagnosed trailer connection problems with my 24 2500HD ZR2. I've posted about them. Still not fixed. Dealer said it checks out on their trailer simulator, but I don't think that replicates a real world situation. I also know it's not the trailers as they work fine on other trucks.

My problem is likely with truck software or possibly the brake controller. I towed my boat without electric brakes and it didn't throw any codes.

Brake controller was a problem on some trucks. I think 8ball_99 had his replaced.

Thanks AXE
There was a bulletin on the 2019+ trucks for the trailer integration module so I will talk to my Chevy dealer.
Yeah. I gotta do something different. I have my truck in another state towing and the local dealer said they would charge me if they couldn't find the problem........ I'm like WTF?

Hey Guys,
Seeing if I can get some thoughts on a trailering issue I have.
I have a ATV trailer that hooks up no problem to my 2005 suburban and 2013
Savana van.
However when I went to plug the trailer into my 2022 Silverado zr2 the running lights didn’t work and the right brake light and turn signal was out. I replaced the four flat harness with no avail. Please let me know if you guys have any recommendations.
I had the same issue with boat at first and got new 14 dollar rv to flat pin with light up trouble lights. Everything went away. My old plugs where clean and dont know why they wouldnt work on new truck. 😀

Maybe try a different 4way to 7 pin adapter? The only issues I know of are related to the brake controller. Since you said you changed the 4 way harness, I'm assuming the trailer doesn't have brakes. I'm also guessing you made sure the grounds are good on the trailer since you changed the wiring.

You can pickup a 7 way tester for about 12 bucks. They come in handy. Would be an easy way to test the trucks plug.

Most Member Reactions

Back