Range Technology Beta Testing

Mine finally shipped. They sure arent shipping anywhere fast. It was late shipping out to begin with and says it wont be here til Thursday of next week. Ive had stuff from California make it here through the USPS faster than that lol.
Are they using FedEx? If so too bad, they suck….

UPS. And yes, 100% FedEx sucks. Worst logistics company on the planet as far as I am concerned. When things come here, If they say Ellenwood or Kennesaw GA in tracking, its almost promised to be late.
Yup, in the last 3 years 95% of all FedEx shipments have been late. And 3 major/expensive ones damaged.

I installed the DFM disable module today on my wife's 23 Tahoe 6.2L It was pretty easy and the video they have with the directions is easy to follow. The HC Tahoe comes with 22 inch wheels and the ECM is further set back behind front clip, so it was tighter working space.

When I went to hook up the negative battery terminal the horn went off and I damn near pissed myself. Had to hit the key fob to stop it. Had to roll the window down and up to complete the ecu reset.

It started clean and idle was normal with no detectable difference from stock. The Tahoe is much quieter than the ZR2, so it'd not directly comparable.

I drove about 15 miles in the neighborhood and the freeway. Not much noticeable difference getting through the neighborhood while driving under 25 mph in Normal mode. Of course, the first thing I noticed is the auto stop is disabled and that's worth it alone. The second thing I noticed when I got out on the Parkway was that shifting was smooth and the transmission stayed in the meat of the powerband longer around 3k+rpms, especially noticeable when under constant acceleration. Also noticed that when letting off the throttle the transmission did not shift as quickly and also held rpms a bit longer.

When I got closer to the freeway entrance, I put it in Sport mode. Throttle was more responsive and transmission really held the rpms good when accelerating hard on the on ramp. When I let off the throttle it really down shifted slowly, so if you got back on the throttle it was really responsive.

Ran the second part of the freeway in Tow mode and it was more of the same, but really kept the rpms higher. Would really need to test this with a load, but seemed strong. Did not test Terrain mode.

Transmission temperatures were normal, coolant temps were normal, and oil pressure was responsive during acceleration/deceleration.

No wierd exhaust note or gurgling sound when idling or cruising. Again the exhaust is quieter on the Tahoe, so not a direct comparison.

I filled up the tank and will have some idea about mileage by next weekend, but expect it to be about the same. My wife gets about 14.5 to 15 mpg on her commute. Long term average on Tahoe is about 15.5 mpg.

Overall, I think this module does offer some noticeable performance enhancements. With the automatic stop disabled, I think it's worth the money. Not sure how long before we know about whether it offers long term protection, but to me that's a years long journey.

Attachments

• 20240921_120133.jpg
    20240921_120133.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
@AXE, you going to pull the module when you have it serviced? Seems everyone is having about the same experience. Iv’e put a few miles on mine now and mpg’s are basically unchanged. GM put all that work into dfm for what amounts to nothing. Thank you again .gov

@AXE, you going to pull the module when you have it serviced? Seems everyone is having about the same experience. Iv’e put a few miles on mine now and mpg’s are basically unchanged. GM put all that work into dfm for what amounts to nothing. Thank you again .gov

Attachments

• IMG_9247.jpeg
    IMG_9247.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: AXE
I wouldn't plan to remove mine. My dealer had been really good and I've brought three trucks to them for service and they were tuned with the tuner in the center console. Never had warranty issues, but the only issue I've had was emissions sensor issues on my Duramax and it was a common problem.

I did another 22 miles today to the shooting range to shoot some sporting clays. Tahoe got 15.5 mpg on the way out and 17.1 mpg on the way home, for about a 16 mpg average. Mostly flat terrian and light breeze, I drove it the way my wife would. Probably would not be the same on my ZR2.

Attachments

• 20240922_091205.jpg
    20240922_091205.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 2

Most Member Reactions

Back