Range Technology Beta Testing

Lol the vibration at low rpm's in mine was noticeable,even with 3 different dealers.
They all said it was a bit much but also said there was nothing they could do unless it blows up...
Two days now no vibrations what so ever!
My two boys didn't like driving the truck because it shook to much.. lol
So for all of you that never noticed, good for you... You probably got a good one!
DFM Delete solved my issue!🤗🤫

Lol the vibration at low rpm's in mine was noticeable,even with 3 different dealers.
They all said it was a bit much but also said there was nothing they could do unless it blows up...
Two days now no vibrations what so ever!
My two boys didn't like driving the truck because it shook to much.. lol
So for all of you that never noticed, good for you... You probably got a good one!
DFM Delete solved my issue!🤗🤫
Interesting in that no one else ever mentioned it.

Installed mine yesterday, easy and fast. forgot to unhook the battery but everything works perfectly, probably it's just an unnecessary precaution but I'd unhook it if I were to mess with it again.

Love it, no more rice grinder-6 banger -V8 now I just have a V8. more responsive, no more flutter vibration, no more lifters rattling around with insufficient lubrication, no more need to push the auto start button. sounds better without the deactivation too. oil pressure stays constant.

Time will tell on the fuel milage , but I don't care it's worth whatever minimal reduction there may be. this thing is a winner.

Interesting in that no one else ever mentioned it.
It's been mentioned many times on this forum.
And it a known issue at the stealerships.
I've had candid discussions regarding with several owners of dealerships and they too wish it could be switched off.
So your statement is a surprise to me..🤔

Any time you over vacuum a cylinder by limiting valve opening this will causes negative effects of a piston cycle, eventually causing bearing wear and or failure or ring land wear... So again even Big GM knows this..
No secret here...!
So the lifter thing is just cause and effect.
In my humble opinion I think it's wrong for the government to impose it's will in this regard.
We should be able to pick our poison.
I even told corporate that as soon as a device is available I was using it.

Installed mine yesterday, easy and fast. forgot to unhook the battery but everything works perfectly, probably it's just an unnecessary precaution but I'd unhook it if I were to mess with it again.

Love it, no more rice grinder-6 banger -V8 now I just have a V8. more responsive, no more flutter vibration, no more lifters rattling around with insufficient lubrication, no more need to push the auto start button. sounds better without the deactivation too. oil pressure stays constant.

Time will tell on the fuel milage , but I don't care it's worth whatever minimal reduction there may be. this thing is a winner.
44sixpack
I couldn't agree more.
For the first time I've truly enjoyed this beast
And yes it feels way more aggressive!
In all seriousness my milage did improve slightly to around 22.3 driving limits lol
But it will go down fast when playing around.
Zoom Zoom my friends

Please elaborate on the oil pressure comment. I haven't noticed any oil pressure fluctuation besides the jump from 20 +/- at idle and then 60+/- over 3500 rpm.

Reactions: AXE
At 3500 you're in V8 mode so the refresher will make no difference. it's at light load cruise speed the valves collapse and the oil pressure is cut. at warm idle I'm about 30. I haven't driven it enough to have a full picture of what it's going to run under what conditions, but you can read about how the oil pressure is regulated by the deviation.

Reactions: AXE
Received mine and installed. I will second what the others have said. Smoother idle, seems more responsive, sounds better. I've only driven it a few minutes since installing it. I have a lot of traveling to do tomorrow so I'll have better idea of what it's doing.

My 2 cents on the lifters are that if they were the only problem that would have been rectified years ago. There seems to be a design or manufacturing flaw somewhere and it all seems to be pointing towards the DFM system. I'd say it's worth the $230.

I've only had this truck for a little under three months and just turned 3,000 miles but based on my short drive with the range I'm betting the truck was dropping cylinders a lot more than I would have thought. It's sad that .gov is telling us what cars we can buy and how to use them.

Got mine wednesday and honestly the truck drives about the same. My truck has Borla exhaust and the sounds from the DFM had to go. Before when driving in L9 I had exhaust sound all the time. When in Tow mode the exhaust would go silent when not under load coasting to a stop then come back on at 15 mph. The range disabler is similar to tow mode. It shifts more normal but the exhaust will go silent when not under load and then back on at 15. Also the start stop is now gone. I called Range and they confirmed this is the correct operation. So if your truck is loud just use L9. I should add the helicopter sound is also gone. I'm still not sure it's working correctly but Range assured me it is so i'm gonna roll with that.

Got mine wednesday and honestly the truck drives about the same. My truck has Borla exhaust and the sounds from the DFM had to go. Before when driving in L9 I had exhaust sound all the time. When in Tow mode the exhaust would go silent when not under load coasting to a stop then come back on at 15 mph. The range disabler is similar to tow mode. It shifts more normal but the exhaust will go silent when not under load and then back on at 15. Also the start stop is now gone. I called Range and they confirmed this is the correct operation. So if your truck is loud just use L9. I should add the helicopter sound is also gone. I'm still not sure it's working correctly but Range assured me it is so i'm gonna roll with that.
I have serious doubts about folks making claims about how much better it shifts, mpg increases, increased responsiveness, feels more aggressive. This thing is NOT a tuner. It only disables DFM and Auto S/S and doing both with cause none of the above to happen. Just like a lot of things, you want it to be better so therefore it is. I'm sure it does exactly what it's supposed to do and nothing more. However, these bogus claims abut doing a bunch of other stuff too is just crazy 😵‍💫 It's like saying that I put a TURBO sticker on my tailgate and I'm amazed at how much faster my truck is now :ROFLMAO:

I have serious doubts about folks making claims about how much better it shifts, mpg increases, increased responsiveness, feels more aggressive. This thing is NOT a tuner. It only disables DFM and Auto S/S and doing both with cause none of the above to happen. Just like a lot of things, you want it to be better so therefore it is. I'm sure it does exactly what it's supposed to do and nothing more. However, these bogus claims abut doing a bunch of other stuff too is just crazy 😵‍💫 It's like saying that I put a TURBO sticker on my tailgate and I'm amazed at how much faster my truck is now :ROFLMAO:
I heard that they were coming out with a cold air intake next

Your response is correct, with that said disallowing Dynamic adjustment does allow for more responsive interaction with throttle control thus feeling like things are quicker because they are ! On the fuel thing..
Because driving in Drive allows for use of all gears making for fuel usage improvements!
I get around 21.6 mpg if driving under 60mph.

Can't wait...I'm sure that will make a HUGE difference as well :ROFLMAO:
I agree fully that CA Box does nothing but negative effects! A total waist of money unless you like noise!! Lol
I have seen some gains on performance built applications , but never on stock..
It's the dyno talking not me .

I dont really like giving my secretes out loosely like the pistons on the babyMAX's but here's what I use to beat TRXs

Introducing the Turbonator

1000039848.jpg
1000039850.jpg

I have one in the intake and one the exhaust pipe. Sounds like a JET taking off.

Most Member Reactions

Back