Range Technology Beta Testing

Got mine 2 days ago, 1st install was a fail. I have AMP steps and they did not activate after plug-in the Range. I reached out to Range and said they have tested with Amp steps. Went back to disconnecting and reconnecting. Now both work well.
I also feel the Engine wayyyyy smoother and less clunckyer. So far working strong.
1000038316.jpg

Got mine 2 days ago, 1st install was a fail. I have AMP steps and they did not activate after plug-in the Range. I reached out to Range and said they have tested with Amp steps. Went back to disconnecting and reconnecting. Now both work well.
I also feel the Engine wayyyyy smoother and less clunckyer. So far working strong. View attachment 16170
What did you disconnect and reconnect? The DFM module or AMP steps OBD plug or computer?

Could this clunky description be the DFM disabling an odd number of cylinders? Since the Range keeps all 8 cylinders active at all times it would seem smoother I would think.

Yes and no, there are always an even number of cylinders firing, 4-6-8. but, you can't drop the oil pressure to 4 or 8 lifters creating dead holes without some effect on throttle response or effecting the rhythm of the engine.

Considering what the engineers were trying to accomplish with the DFM they did it remarkably well, it works. but they wouldn't have done it if they didn't have to. so for $229 I can make it the way I want it, and they wish they could have it .

So I have 2023 ZR2 and installed the range refresher dfm delete.. my thoughts at first were it’s not working cus the auto start stop light is still on.. and I have a borla exhaust and the sound was still the same when slowing down to about 15 mph .it changes tone.. When I drive in L9 mode it wouldn’t change in sound when slowing down.. I emailed range and they said it’s working .. but at low speeds around 10-15 mph .. without your foot on the gas pedal dfm is still active . So just wondering why does the dfm activate at low speeds when you’re not pressing the gas ? Is the range really working then ?

So I have 2023 ZR2 and installed the range refresher dfm delete.. my thoughts at first were it’s not working cus the auto start stop light is still on.. and I have a borla exhaust and the sound was still the same when slowing down to about 15 mph .it changes tone.. When I drive in L9 mode it wouldn’t change in sound when slowing down.. I emailed range and they said it’s working .. but at low speeds around 10-15 mph .. without your foot on the gas pedal dfm is still active . So just wondering why does the dfm activate at low speeds when you’re not pressing the gas ? Is the range really working then ?
Mine is also doing this. I called Range and they assured me it's working. I'm not so sure.

Reactions: AXE
It is working it's easy to tell at cruise speed. if your foot is off the gas at low speed it really doesn't matter if it's working, but it would be interesting to know why it is. possibly the drop in oil pressure makes the lifters cut out without any signal. not sure.

The do say v8 all the time though, so if this is true they should give an explanation. but I don't see it as a problem.

The light on for the auto stop makes sense, the module is post computer so as far as the ECM is concerned everything is normal. and that's why it can't be detected once removed.

Hmmm. Guess I'll wait a bit longer to order one. One of the reasons I want it other than all 8 all the time, is when you are coming to a stop it sounds like the exhaust belches when DFM is active.

Hmmm. Guess I'll wait a bit longer to order one. One of the reasons I want it other than all 8 all the time, is when you are coming to a stop it sounds like the exhaust belches when DFM is active.
That doesn't seem right. You would expect that the lifters would only kick in when DFM signal is activated.

If it is activating at any time, I'd be interested to know how that is. but in the end if coasting at low speed is the only time what difference does it make. if this is the only problem it's not a problem.

Mine makes this sound when it goes from 2nd to 1st gear at a stop. I thought it was just the uptick in rpm making the exhaust belch.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back