Range Technology Beta Testing

I dont really like giving my secretes out loosely like the pistons on the babyMAX's but here's what I use to beat TRXs

Introducing the Turbonator

View attachment 16109View attachment 16110
I have one in the intake and one the exhaust pipe. Sounds like a JET taking off.
In my biz I've seen a lot of trial and error.
The best one was a customer took out two of a four head light in an Olds Cutlass and run duct tubs to the holes..🤣😂🤫🫢🤔 and called it ram air !

Last edited:
Nobody said it’s a tuner. The differences are subtle but they are real. It only makes sense these things would happen when all 8 are working all the time. Fuel mpg I suspect will be mostly the same hence the reason I say all this dfm afm is BS.

It doesn't take much mechanical aptitude to understand why staying in V8 mode all the time would improve the throttle response and smoothness of the engine. I expect a slight decline in MPG but we'll see.

My TRX does not have any form of cylinder shut down or auto stop-start, because it's a performance-built engine and they didn't care much about fuel economy. and that's why they don't make them anymore. so why is it so hard to believe all this nonsense built into engines for emissions and economy really aren't what the manufacturers want to do or that they're not a problem at all? the range refresher just does what GM would do if they could .

After spending some time on the road both interstate and stop light heavy city roads I'd say it's pretty much the same as I said yesterday. Smoother idle and slightly more responsive. MPG is still up in the air. Going to my destination watching the MPG screen I thought MPG was slightly worse. Coming home I think maybe slightly better? Cruise set at 85 on flat FL interstate made 15 mpg.
MPG.jpg

I finally talked myself into ordering today and now they are on back order. :rolleyes:
I ordered one for my wife's Tahoe today and it shipped already. UPS had it in their system, we'll see if it starts moving.

Didn't appear to be a different part.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240913_145255_Gmail.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240913_145255_Gmail.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 8
  • SmartSelect_20240913_142922_Messages.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240913_142922_Messages.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I decided to get this and put it on last night. I have 28,000 miles on my truck and there’s always been some clunky shifting in lower gears and a slight flutter from the engine when idling down. I drove about 60 miles today and it’s running much smoother. Maybe the cylinders dropping in and out was the clunkyness I felt. Who knows, hopefully it’s gone for good. Happy with the purchase so far!

I gotta let everyone interested in the DFM delete.. I have experienced an anomaly.
So Tuesday I received my delete plug in.
Drove for approximately 50 miles absolutely loved it.
Then the truck sat until Thursday in which I drove again for approximately 50 miles.
So Friday comes along and i was preparing to go kayaking on Saturday went to unlock the door and Wala nothing , at first I thought I had a bad battery in my remote so I grabbed the spare and again nothing,low and behold the battery was dead flat...0 nada.
So I put it on a slow charge after disconnecting the DFM module.. with out the DFM module the battery stays charged when I plug it in my meter shows a slow drain..hmmm
Gona have a talk with Range Monday..
Good luck!

I gotta let everyone interested in the DFM delete.. I have experienced an anomaly.
Then the truck sat until Thursday in which I drove again for approximately 50 miles.
So Friday comes along and i was preparing to go kayaking on Saturday went to unlock the door and Wala nothing , at first I thought I had a bad battery in my remote so I grabbed the spare and again nothing,low and behold the battery was dead flat...0 nada.
So I put it on a slow charge after disconnecting the DFM module.. with out the DFM module the battery stays charged when I plug it in my meter shows a slow drain..hmmm
Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up. Be interesting to see if others have the same issue.

When you say disconnect the DFM did you hook the harness back up like original ot just leave it unhooked? meaning could it be something in the pickup or is it 100% caused by the refresher?

Mine's been in several days now and nothing wrong, and these have been on the road for months now. so if it is your refresher it must just be defective.

When you say disconnect the DFM did you hook the harness back up like original ot just leave it unhooked? meaning could it be something in the pickup or is it 100% caused by the refresher?

Mine's been in several days now and nothing wrong, and these have been on the road for months now. so if it is your refresher it must just be defective.
So not sure what a refresher is ..lol
But if you remove the device you must plug the cable back in the ECM...with out the device for it to start and run.
My thoughts are the Delete device is draining the battery. Note I do not use my truck as an every day driver..just a note
When I plugged it back in I monitored the voltage drop as well as when it was out.
Yes mine will drain the battery when installed!

Good luck!
Hmmmmm.......I thought they had finished the beta testing?

Since it's post ECM they call it a refresh.

Sounds like you have a defective one then. mine has sat for a day and a half and I checked it and it's still full voltage.

It's a called a refresh, cause starting in 22 the Silverado and 21 the Tahoe recieved a refresh to the design including a change to the Gobal B electronics. Doesn't have anything to do with the product itself. See the reference in the subtitle of the product below.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240914_125056_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240914_125056_Chrome.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back