New dude from Louisiana

Cwilliams97

Reaction score
New member here, bought my truck a couple of months ago and figured I would share what I have done to it in hopes it can help someone out there like me who was digging through the internet trying to figure what tires fit. I installed the Readylift level kit with their upper control arms that they sell for the zr2 and at4x trucks. Readylift told me this was a 1.5" kit and that is spot on with how much the front was lifted. Rear is stock and is pretty close to dead level. I then installed a set of 285/75/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers and have no rubbing anywhere after months of driving around, not in reverse on an incline, nothing at all. They barely touched the lower portion of the bumper where the cutout is when installing and I used a no marring mallet to gently tap the small lip that was flared up catching the tread. Looks completely factory and clears good. They also clear the control arms with no spacers needed, it is tight but after months of use again there is no rub. I then installed the amp power steps and a retrax bed cover. So far I am loving the truck except it has developed the annoying leaf spring clunk and I will be doing the spacers from spring things this week to hopefully correct it. The u bolts were slightly loose from the factory but that didn't cure my noise unfortunately. I have went back and forth on changing out the wheels either to something aftermarket or trying to find a set of the factory black wheels that could be had on these, but not sure yet. I also had the truck paint corrected and ceramic coated and that paired with a spot free water system for detailing makes keeping the black looking good easy. Look forward to learning more here and hopefully I can be of assistance if anyone has questions.

Attachments

• IMG_1971.jpeg
    IMG_1971.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1970.jpeg
    IMG_1970.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1973.jpeg
    IMG_1973.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1972.jpeg
    IMG_1972.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1974.jpeg
    IMG_1974.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 45
New member here, bought my truck a couple of months ago and figured I would share what I have done to it in hopes it can help someone out there like me who was digging through the internet trying to figure what tires fit. I installed the Readylift level kit with their upper control arms that they sell for the zr2 and at4x trucks. Readylift told me this was a 1.5" kit and that is spot on with how much the front was lifted. Rear is stock and is pretty close to dead level. I then installed a set of 285/75/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers and have no rubbing anywhere after months of driving around, not in reverse on an incline, nothing at all. They barely touched the lower portion of the bumper where the cutout is when installing and I used a no marring mallet to gently tap the small lip that was flared up catching the tread. Looks completely factory and clears good. They also clear the control arms with no spacers needed, it is tight but after months of use again there is no rub. I then installed the amp power steps and a retrax bed cover. So far I am loving the truck except it has developed the annoying leaf spring clunk and I will be doing the spacers from spring things this week to hopefully correct it. The u bolts were slightly loose from the factory but that didn't cure my noise unfortunately. I have went back and forth on changing out the wheels either to something aftermarket or trying to find a set of the factory black wheels that could be had on these, but not sure yet. I also had the truck paint corrected and ceramic coated and that paired with a spot free water system for detailing makes keeping the black looking good easy. Look forward to learning more here and hopefully I can be of assistance if anyone has questions.
nice looking truck. welcome.

Most Member Reactions

Back