Howdy from Kansas

FlatStanley64

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm Tim but all my old army buddies called me "Flat" so Flat Stanley kinda stuck. I just picked up a brand new Colorado ZR2 Bison in sand dune tan. I've only put about 100 miles on it (back from the dealership today). I'm still learning about the truck but this is my second ZR2. I had an original S-10 ZR2 in the early 2000s and used to BAJA that thing on the tank trails at Ft. Novosel (formerly Ft. Rucker), Alabama. So far, the ride on the truck is phenomenal. I didn't really put my foot in the truck on the way back but it was fun going up the 3 miles of mud and gravel I have to drive to get to my house out here in rural KS. Only gripe so far is that you have to focus on stepping out of the vehicle with the rock sliders as not to get mud all over the back of your pants getting out. Gonna look at possibly fabbing up some steps that bolt to the rock sliders somehow.

Anyway,

I look forward to gathering as much info as I can about these rigs. I'm happy to share answers to questions about the ZR2 Bison and will happily geek out with anyone about it. So far, I've gotten nothing but compliments from people when I walked into a restaurant for lunch after getting out of the truck. I'll eventually gather some pics and will post them up here.

Cheers!

-FLAT

Welcome Flat!

The new Colorado ZR2 Bison is on my vision board. I hope the law of attraction parks it in my driveway (carefully though so it doest hit my other vehicles)

Did it come with the undercarriage cameras?

Welcome Flat!

The new Colorado ZR2 Bison is on my vision board. I hope the law of attraction parks it in my driveway (carefully though so it doest hit my other vehicles)

Did it come with the undercarriage cameras?
Also you have T - 59 minutes to post a pic of your ride if not your account will automatically delete

Welcome from South Texas!

Also you have T - 59 minutes to post a pic of your ride if not your account will automatically delete
IMG_1794.gif

Hey!

I'm Tim but all my old army buddies called me "Flat" so Flat Stanley kinda stuck. I just picked up a brand new Colorado ZR2 Bison in sand dune tan. I've only put about 100 miles on it (back from the dealership today). I'm still learning about the truck but this is my second ZR2. I had an original S-10 ZR2 in the early 2000s and used to BAJA that thing on the tank trails at Ft. Novosel (formerly Ft. Rucker), Alabama. So far, the ride on the truck is phenomenal. I didn't really put my foot in the truck on the way back but it was fun going up the 3 miles of mud and gravel I have to drive to get to my house out here in rural KS. Only gripe so far is that you have to focus on stepping out of the vehicle with the rock sliders as not to get mud all over the back of your pants getting out. Gonna look at possibly fabbing up some steps that bolt to the rock sliders somehow.

Anyway,

I look forward to gathering as much info as I can about these rigs. I'm happy to share answers to questions about the ZR2 Bison and will happily geek out with anyone about it. So far, I've gotten nothing but compliments from people when I walked into a restaurant for lunch after getting out of the truck. I'll eventually gather some pics and will post them up here.

Cheers!

-FLAT
Welcome! Not many Colorado owners here...where's that pic :unsure:

Welcome and good luck with that awesome truck. I too had the original S10 ZR2 and it was awesome.

I've driven a Bison just like your rig and it seemed like a really nice package. It will definitely be the best offroad ZR2 of the three.

Attachments

• 20240412_151525.jpg
    20240412_151525.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 16

Most Member Reactions

Back