Hello ZR2 Sisters and Brothers

BennFixxt

Reaction score
Is there a way to eliminate or mute the "Disable Lockout" message that appears when a passenger sits in the passenger seat? This is very annoying and should be able to be shut off like many other features. I feel like I'm driving a tablet or cell phone with all the feedback required with this generation of Silverado, and although I LOVE my 2023 ZR2; I am not in love with all the tech.... especially this annoying feature. I fear things will only get worse, so I'll continue enjoying my 2018 Silverado as my primary ride where I feel like I am in control of the truck, and not the other way around.

Attachments

• 2023 ZR2 Disable Lockout Message.jpg
    2023 ZR2 Disable Lockout Message.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 46
I treat it like the stop/start button. It’s just part of my pre-flight check now To hit it.
Thanx for your feedback, and I get it; unfortunately I am forced to do the same. However, as an engineer, I see this as bad design when a driver can literally control so many other features and tailor the driving experience to the way one wants to drive. I am hoping there is a hack someone has found to fix this concern. It's kinda like the auto-stop. Why should we have to press a button every time we drive to disable this feature? And I refuse to buy a device to do it for me. This is yet another engineering flop.

Thanx for your feedback, and I get it; unfortunately I am forced to do the same. However, as an engineer, I see this as bad design when a driver can literally control so many other features and tailor the driving experience to the way one wants to drive. I am hoping there is a hack someone has found to fix this concern. It's kinda like the auto-stop. Why should we have to press a button every time we drive to disable this feature? And I refuse to buy a device to do it for me. This is yet another engineering flop.
Engineering flops are a way of life. The disconnect from engineering design to end user will probably never go away. So time for someone to root the head unit. It is after all Android. I’m sure it will happen sooner or later, just how long will it take and what’s the level of effort.

@BennFixxt I was doing some additional digging on this, outside of me working with a few buddies to see if we can jailbreak/root the infotainment system, I found this posted on another site. I haven’t messed with it myself, but that particular nag might be in one of the android apps notification settings. Maybe this will point you in the right direction.

https://www.silveradosierra.com/posts/7462250/

Also I don‘t know the rules on posting other truck forums, so if I’m breaking the rules feel free to flog me.

@BennFixxt I was doing some additional digging on this, outside of me working with a few buddies to see if we can jailbreak/root the infotainment system, I found this posted on another site. I haven’t messed with it myself, but that particular nag might be in one of the android apps notification settings. Maybe this will point you in the right direction.

https://www.silveradosierra.com/posts/7462250/

Also I don‘t know the rules on posting other truck forums, so if I’m breaking the rules feel free to flog me.
I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to help me with this issue. I went through the steps and successfully disabled the apps recommended. However, the "Disable Lockout" message still appears, and must be manually cleared each time someone sits in the passenger seat. The good news is that I am no longer seeing messages to get a data plan. I believe this was the intent of the thread you provided in the first place. I live in a very remote area, and unless you have at least one bar of service, a data plan is useless, not to mention another monthly fee. I spend a great deal of time in areas where there is zero cell service, and paying for a data plan is a waste of money. So it appears that this annoyance has been eliminated. I am sure there is a way to shut off the "Disable Lockout" message, and I am hopeful the solution will come to me by way of this forum. Thanx again!

I live in a very remote area, and unless you have at least one bar of service, a data plan is useless, not to mention another monthly fee. I spend a great deal of time in areas where there is zero cell service, and paying for a data plan is a waste of money.
Glad it was able to help a little. I’m in the same boat with remote living, so I’ll be going through those steps on my rig here pretty soon. Some day we might get the ability to disable the passenger seat nag.

Most Member Reactions

Back