FYI - Rear Main Seal

MO_ZR2

Founding Member
Reaction score
Just bought my daughter a 2024 Colorado zr2 beginning of August. At 800 miles I noticed a small oil leak in the driveway which ended up being a bad rear main seal. Based on some other forums, it appears a batch of these hit lots this summer so keep an eye out.

Dealer got the part in a week, going on a few total and they’re telling me it will be done this week. They have to drop the tranny to gain access and replace seals. Glad it’s under warranty and hoping the parts have been fixed (a guy on another forum is on his third swap from the dealer…sigh)

Love the truck overall so far, it’s a tremendous package that does everything pretty darn well. Not trying to scare anyone off of em, just a heads up to keep an eye on.

Just bought my daughter a 2024 Colorado zr2 beginning of August. At 800 miles I noticed a small oil leak in the driveway which ended up being a bad rear main seal. Based on some other forums, it appears a batch of these hit lots this summer so keep an eye out.

Dealer got the part in a week, going on a few total and they’re telling me it will be done this week. They have to drop the tranny to gain access and replace seals. Glad it’s under warranty and hoping the parts have been fixed (a guy on another forum is on his third swap from the dealer…sigh)

Love the truck overall so far, it’s a tremendous package that does everything pretty darn well. Not trying to scare anyone off of em, just a heads up to keep an eye on.
Would you entertain buying me the same truck? I'm just like family :)

Update - truck remains at dealer. Per GM, transmission mount is a one time use part and dealer is currently trying to locate one. As a result, rear main seal is “fixed” and now waiting on a new transmission mount with no ETA.

Just another heads up if anyone finds themselves in this spot, be sure to push dealer to get both parts before they tear into it!

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back