Topside creepers…

RCF71

Reaction score
Long overdue, but this truck pretty much necessitates something beyond my 3-step stepladder or just standing on the tire (well, that and me getting older 🤣).

I was looking at the Traxion Progear, think it should be plenty tall.

Anyone use one of these? Or something similar?

Reactions: AXE
Long overdue, but this truck pretty much necessitates something beyond my 3-step stepladder or just standing on the tire (well, that and me getting older 🤣).

I was looking at the Traxion Progear, think it should be plenty tall.

Anyone use one of these? Or something similar?
Looks pretty good! You can always get a Hobo Freight special. I have three of their roller chairs and they hold up pretty well.

#ChiNa

If you talking about the tall swim ladder😄, used one once and I remember that it got you up there but your limited on maneuvering, forget something, back down, not quite in position, back down, but as far as hanging out over these big engine bays you can get there. Also don’t know if storage is an issue you have a shop right? they don’t just collapse down. I too would like something to get good access to the topside with minimal moving around.

Ordered this one, will be here this weekend and will put it together and mess with it, and post some feedback on it. It was about $300 on Amazon (good bit less than on their website). It folds flat for storage, has rubber feet to lean against a wall, etc, and not slip.

I watched a youtube review on it. Guy unboxed it, put it together and measured heights, etc. Looks like it will have 4-6” clearance, has mor adjustability than the taller version, and cheaper!

Attachments

• IMG_1513.png
    IMG_1513.png
    374.4 KB · Views: 12
Ok, so finally assembled this thing. I waited for some nylon washers to get here via Amazon - used them on all the connections that rotate when its folded up for storage.

Height on highest setting is about 66”, but it drops to about 65” when I put all my 200lbs on it. Feels very solid but a couple of holes don’t align perfectly, takes just a bit of coercing on the top platform adjustment rods to get ‘em aligned right. Overall not bad for under $300 and made in China. They make a made in US version but over 2x the price. If I was gonna use it pretty often, might would spring for it.

Pardon the mess in the pics, staging some stuff to take to our retirement place…
IMG_4552.jpeg

IMG_4553.jpeg

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back