Factory Wheel Option

Aceflyer

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to purchase a new 1500 ZR2. The one I am interested in has the optional black gloss wheels, but I prefer the machined/black wheels that are standard. I know on some chevrolet vehicles in the past, the accessory wheels would be installed at the dealership rather than at the factory itself. Can anyone confirm if that is the case on the Silverado 1500 ZR2? If so obviously I could negotiate with the dealer to take the glossy black wheels off in exchange for the standard machined wheels. Thank you all for the help.

Hi, I am looking to purchase a new 1500 ZR2. The one I am interested in has the optional black gloss wheels, but I prefer the machined/black wheels that are standard. I know on some chevrolet vehicles in the past, the accessory wheels would be installed at the dealership rather than at the factory itself. Can anyone confirm if that is the case on the Silverado 1500 ZR2? If so obviously I could negotiate with the dealer to take the glossy black wheels off in exchange for the standard machined wheels. Thank you all for the help.
I think that's a decision you would make at the time of order. I don't think dealerships have sets of these wheels sitting around. Maybe they would do a swap if they had two new owners wanting this charge. They won't pull wheels from another new vehicle, cause they are VIN specific.

Last edited:
The only wheel option I know of that gets installed by the dealer is the new bead lock GM Accessory wheel. The machined faced wheel is done at time of build.

I'm with you I prefer the machined wheels over the black, I have the AEV wheel in the Bison package but they're just okay.

The dealer would likely trade you, but if not you could do like I did and pick up a set off craigslist. I think I paid $500 for a like new set, now I have summer and winter wheels.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back