Died at a red light today

Ditch

Reaction score
About 12 K miles 2022. Accelerating from a red light in wet conditions I got a brief TC light then engine stumbled and I coasted to a stop. Attempted numerous restarts to no avail. Removed the battery cable in attempt to reset the ECU ….finally put it on a tow truck after getting numerous messages to roll the passenger and window up then driver side, etc. Barring some kind of fuel issue which I doubt since I’ve burned a tank already this thing is going in my rear view
Second issue with this truck that I paid 75K for and can’t even get reliable Bluetooth on.

Just off the phone with the advisor… Fuel pump control module is the culprit. Apparently they’re dealing with a lot of Covid era bad/cheap chips… The part is listed as 4+ days which he is saying 4+ is as far out as it will go, he said it could be over two weeks. Picking up a rental car tomorrow. Probably not the most rational choice, but I’m trading the truck when I get it back
Open to suggestions

Just off the phone with the advisor… Fuel pump control module is the culprit. Apparently they’re dealing with a lot of Covid era bad/cheap chips… The part is listed as 4+ days which he is saying 4+ is as far out as it will go, he said it could be over two weeks. Picking up a rental car tomorrow. Probably not the most rational choice, but I’m trading the truck when I get it back
Open to suggestions
“Covid era” anything is suspect these days… cars, trucks, houses… anything with a supply chain aspect was hit with a lot of work around parts.

Probably not a bad idea to let that one sail and hop into a new sexy ‘25 ZR2.

Open to suggestions
I think we all expected it to be this so not surprised.

About 12 K miles 2022. Accelerating from a red light in wet conditions I got a brief TC light then engine stumbled and I coasted to a stop. Attempted numerous restarts to no avail. Removed the battery cable in attempt to reset the ECU ….finally put it on a tow truck after getting numerous messages to roll the passenger and window up then driver side, etc. Barring some kind of fuel issue which I doubt since I’ve burned a tank already this thing is going in my rear view
Second issue with this truck that I paid 75K for and can’t even get reliable Bluetooth on.
sorry bro....sux plain and simple. lets hope its something stupid.

I've been riding around with a FPCM under my back seat for 14 months and I can't get mine to die. I'll sell you my 22 rig with 11.5k miles and that new FPCM for $60K only. You'll be able to drive both of them.

Attachments

• 20230326_174737.jpg
    20230326_174737.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 28
COVID isn’t responsible for sourcing parts from the cheapest bidder and hitting record profits…they can shove that excuse and start taking responsibility for their corporate BS before I cut GM (and any corporation for that matter) any slack.

Most Member Reactions

Back