HD surround vision problem

He seems to have common sense. Something not typically found in book only educated engineers.
Was just having this same conversation with a couple of folks yesterday/today. I am an engineer by degree (chemical), but I probably should have been a mechanical engineer given my love of mechanical “things” - chemical engineers make more in general though.

My favorite thing when I was in engineering jobs was troubleshooting, figuring out stuff others couldn’t, etc. I now run one of our businesses (been 20yrs since I worked in the plant as an engineer now). Running a business has its advantages/disadvantages.

Well then...you've never dealt with me :) As an engineer, I totally get where you're coming from though so no offense taken ;) Every project that my team and I have ever worked, we always take into account, and think hard about, someone will have to fix this one day...let's do all that we can to make it as easy as possible on the repair tech. If only the automotive engineers thought the same way 😥
Production engineering is very different than O&M engineering. Production engineers primary job is to deliver the project efficiently at the lowest cost so that the corporation can deliver record profits and stock buybacks to please Wall Street.

You have to remember, especially with GM, that US car manufacturers are essentially insurance and annuity companies with a car business attached. They are only there serve Wall Street and Unions. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to even determine FMV of US car manufacturer because of their legacy commitments to everything but consumers. They couldn't give two shits about the performance of the product or the customer experience.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by your local common sense farmboy.

So apparently the update has been released for the VPM to fix this. I only heard about it from another person who has the same problem. I called up the dealership to ask if they could verify if the fix was available. They were like “we can only see new updates when we plug into your truck”. I mean do they not have tech line phone numbers to call and ask?
Anyway, I’m in the process of getting it in. I’ll update here how it goes

Most Member Reactions

Back