loose drivers seat

This was common on seats stood 2014 to 2018. These are different seats but may need to have bases retorqued or have the attachment hardware replaced. There was a specific hardware kit installed for other vehicles with loose seats.

GM never learns. My 99 Corvette had the same issue.
You’re right, no lessons learned. My ‘91 S-10 pickup had paint on the cab roof that would easily flake off when lightly touched. They must be playing a numbers game with cost accepting a certain percentage of warranty claims. Gotta be less costly to do it right the first time for certain things like paint, drivetrain and electronics.

My driver seat does the same thing. Going mention it to the dealer but they only seem to want to act on recalls.

I had one of my Silverado’s with this problem and may have been a GMC Sierra but the dealer installed a shim kit and that worked for a while but did not solve it forever. Probably lasted 40,000 miles.

I looked at mine today. I couldn’t duplicate the movement or noise by pushing and pulling hard on the seat. I was looking under while doing this. The mount to the floor didn’t shift or the seat in the track. Going to mention at dealer next time in but seems like they will have drive it to duplicate it.

Reactions: AXE
I thought my seat was loose on my 2023 ZR2 as well. When I turned left or right, I could feel a thumping sensation under my seat that transferred into my body making it feel like my seat was loose or a component was loose. I could not replicate it by pulling the seat or shoving the seat back and forth. I moved the seat as far forward and vertical as I could and looked under the seat and there is a component that has a plastic saddle that goes over a metal hanger to “secure” it. There is a lot of play left and right in the saddle and when the truck turns, it slides and thumps the metal hanger and transfers that vibration through the seat and into the body. I had to wedge a small block of wood under the seat padding and the metal hanger. This applied enough downward pressure on the hanger to keep the plastic saddle secure. I drove a few hundred miles after the “fix” with no more loose seat feeling. Not sure if you’re experiencing a sloppy seat or the same issue I was having with a sloppy component connection.

Attachments

• IMG_1859.png
    IMG_1859.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 9
I thought my seat was loose on my 2023 ZR2 as well. When I turned left or right, I could feel a thumping sensation under my seat that transferred into my body making it feel like my seat was loose or a component was loose. I could not replicate it by pulling the seat or shoving the seat back and forth. I moved the seat as far forward and vertical as I could and looked under the seat and there is a component that has a plastic saddle that goes over a metal hanger to “secure” it. There is a lot of play left and right in the saddle and when the truck turns, it slides and thumps the metal hanger and transfers that vibration through the seat and into the body. I had to wedge a small block of wood under the seat padding and the metal hanger. This applied enough downward pressure on the hanger to keep the plastic saddle secure. I drove a few hundred miles after the “fix” with no more loose seat feeling. Not sure if you’re experiencing a sloppy seat or the same issue I was having with a sloppy component connection.
Warranty. I would get it fixed correctly.

For sure will have it looked into. It’s just hard to get it in the shop when my job hours are the same as the dealership hours and I need the truck to get to work. So someday I’ll have it taken care of properly, but for now, it will do the trick and keep it from being annoying while driving . It’s a design flaw that a simple foam pad on the saddle would have held it in place. It did not happen until recently as the seat became broken in. It’s a sloppy ventilated seat blower motor mounting bracket that’s sliding around.

For sure will have it looked into. It’s just hard to get it in the shop when my job hours are the same as the dealership hours and I need the truck to get to work. So someday I’ll have it taken care of properly, but for now, it will do the trick and keep it from being annoying while driving . It’s a design flaw that a simple foam pad on the saddle would have held it in place. It did not happen until recently as the seat became broken in. It’s a sloppy ventilated seat blower motor mounting bracket that’s sliding around.
Probably going to need a new seat base. Mine was replaced like the OP.

good luck...same with dealership hours here. no diagnostic on saturdays is kinda lame. taking off from work for dealer visit aint happening. GM found me dealer but needle in haystack.

Most Member Reactions

Back