Comm devices where do you put yours?

Jeffk82

Reaction score
Found this to be the best spot. Used a drem to cut and used truck/suv edge trim. Thought carbon looked better.

Attachments

• 20241011_182532.jpg
    20241011_182532.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 20241011_181408.jpg
    20241011_181408.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 60
I’ll do either a Midland MXT 275 or 575 GMRS. Both units have all controls on the mic so no access to the head is necessary. In our Jeep the head is up under the steering column behind the knee panel trim.

Going to keep an eye on the thread, always looking for options on comms gear installs.
I'm leaning toward a MXT275, the 575 is more powerful but has a significantly larger footprint and probably overpowers most of our friend's units. I also have a Weboost DriveX sitting around I'll probably install at the same time.

I've got a ghost style antenna for the Weboost (like I run on my other Midland), with less concern on branches I may look at doing something slightly larger for both units in the A-Pillars. Don't really want to run a CHMSL mounted unit if I can help it after some leaking in my Ram even without a bracket installed.

I'm leaning toward a MXT275, the 575 is more powerful but has a significantly larger footprint and probably overpowers most of our friend's units. I also have a Weboost DriveX sitting around I'll probably install at the same time.

I've got a ghost style antenna for the Weboost (like I run on my other Midland), with less concern on branches I may look at doing something slightly larger for both units in the A-Pillars. Don't really want to run a CHMSL mounted unit if I can help it after some leaking in my Ram even without a bracket installed.
love the 575, it's absolutely solid and would run one again in my truck in a heart beat.

I have a midland, a cb and a booster to hook up. Not to mention tablet set up for maps. These trucks offer nowhere to put such items.

I have a midland, a cb and a booster to hook up. Not to mention tablet set up for maps. These trucks offer nowhere to put such items.
I did see Bulletpoint has their "Rubigrid" setup that works in the upper pocket. Could work for your tablet. Hate to lose that storage though.

I've got their products in the Jeep with good results.

EDIT: Here's the link. Dozen or so customer pics lower on the page. https://www.bulletpointmountingsolu...ra-chevrolet-silverado-dash-mount-13-4-screen

Most Member Reactions

Back