AEV/Bison wheel Info

PBSlinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up a 24’ Bison. Love the truck but already thinking about swapping to 17s.

My question is and I’ve tried to search but does anyone know the weight of the stock Bison wheel?

Thanks!

*Edit* was able to weigh the factory AEV wheels/tires finally: ~81lbs.

IMG_1665.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! I’ll try to take one off next week when I have time and weigh them.

The stock tires are around 50lbs?

Update:

I just got my wheels/tires swapped out. I liked the look of the stock AEV wheels but wanted to go with 17s in a better offset so I went with the Method 703s in 17x8.5 et0. I think the 0 offset is perfectly flush with the truck now, didn't want the tires to poke out too much as I'm on gravel roads/off road a ton for hunts and long range shooting comps.

Being a nerd when it comes to tires I was between the new Coopers Strongholds and the new KO3s but went with the Coopers as they are a little lighter, 57lbs vs 63lbs. If for some reason I don't like the coopers and swap them out I'll go KO3s next. I was running the Mickey Baja Boss AT's on my 4runner when I traded it in, loved those tires but hated how loud they were. I wanted to stay somewhat close to the stock size on the first set as the truck is new and didn't feel like trimming anything yet so I went with 295/70-17s. Slightly wider and about the same height. Comparing the new tires to the factory height/width they look almost identical.

IMG_1882.jpeg
IMG_1885.jpeg

I'll report back when I have some more time with these tires as I have a few hunts coming up over the next month including two weeks near Telluride, Co.

Also got a chance to weigh the stock wheels/tires, here's what they came out to: 80.6lbs on a bathroom scale so I bet they are closer to 81lbs. This means the stock AEV wheels are around 30-31lbs given the factory tires are around 50lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_1889.jpeg
    IMG_1889.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1888.jpeg
    IMG_1888.jpeg
    412.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back