Cognito PISK and Steering Stabilizer

Glkprhog

Reaction score
Hello,

I am considering installing the Cognito PISK (Pitman Idler Arm Support Kit) so I thought I would ask if anyone in the forum has installed or any experienxe with this kit?

Along the same thought anyone installed a steering stabilizer? I know Suspension Maxx has a kit that combines the Cognito PISK and a Rancho steering stabilizer

TIA

Hello,

I am considering installing the Cognito PISK (Pitman Idler Arm Support Kit) so I thought I would ask if anyone in the forum has installed or any experienxe with this kit?

Along the same thought anyone installed a steering stabilizer? I know Suspension Maxx has a kit that combines the Cognito PISK and a Rancho steering stabilizer

TIA
Personally, my truck feels very solid and doesn't wander at all. I see no benefit in either of these solutions unless you're having an issue.

Thanks. My previous truck 2021 GMC 2500HD Denali the steering always felt loose and wondered a tad bit.

I am not experiencing any issues with my ZR2 just looking at possibly improving the handling and response alittle bit more.

I did both to mine. Truck handles way better. No slop in the steering. No more bump steer on rough roads and pot holes. 100% worth it to me. I'd do it again in a heart beat. Steering doesn't feel like my tractor anymore, lol.
20240414_213514.jpg
20240414_205647.jpg

Thanks appreciate the feedback
Np, I didn't have any problems with mine either. I just didn't love the way the steering felt. It felt soft and like it had some play in it. I also felt like large bumps gave a good bit of feedback in the wheel. Just seemed like I was sawing at the wheel a lot on narrow, rough back roads. Interstate and highway it was fine. I had several on here say this was pointless and they handle great stock. But to me the steering on my ZR2 felt a lot like my old Duramax. I think I got spoiled driving a 1500 ZR2 for 20k miles. When I first got the HD even my wife said it felt like my old 2500 did, lol.

Most Member Reactions

Back