Bad Day in San Antonio

in San Antonio I would consider it lucky if they even had insurance. ask me how I know....
Facts!! Make sure at the scene the insurance is verified.i live in the San Antonio area. Buddy just got taken out. Police did NOT verify actual active coverage. Now it's on his insurance. Never leave the scene until verified

Sorry to see that happen to another ZR2, glad you are ok. It’s been 8 weeks since my accident and it doesn’t look like I will get mine back anytime soon. Waiting on parts, wiring harness, etc.
There was a salesman at one the Chevy dealers that had an accident with her 1500. She said it was months waiting on parts. That was January of 2022 when I was shopping.

Last edited:
Sorry about your truck. I've got a 4K camera on order for mine. If that AEV bumper destroys a lesser vehicle I want absolute proof it wasn't my fault.
Yep....got a 2.5k 3 way view dash cam....front, cabin rear.....it's saved my ass more than once. $350-$400 for a good dash cam system or thousands $$$ for repairs. Simple choice!

Yep....got a 2.5k 3 way view dash cam....front, cabin rear.....it's saved my ass more than once. $350-$400 for a good dash cam system or thousands $$$ for repairs. Simple choice!
Agree with all of you, big regrets I had no dash cam. Now it's "he said, she said" and I am confident I will get a surcharge for the next 5 decades! :oops:

So Sorry to here brother. Moving forward.....GET THAT DASHCAM!!! Worth every penny!!! You wont regret it!

This is the one I have...... whatever you choose, be sure to get the hardware kit so it records 24/7! You will not regret the purchase....hell... rob your kids piggy bank in the middle of the night if you have to:ROFLMAO: (Just kidding) you get the point though...

Reactions: AXE
So Sorry to here brother. Moving forward.....GET THAT DASHCAM!!! Worth every penny!!! You wont regret it!

This is the one I have...... whatever you choose, be sure to get the hardware kit so it records 24/7! You will not regret the purchase....hell... rob your kids piggy bank in the middle of the night if you have to:ROFLMAO: (Just kidding) you get the point though...

Is this one @securityguy approved. Asking for a friend.

For those of you with rear cams, how many of you have the rear with 5% tint on it? Just wondering how well the cam sees anything. Thought about getting a different set up for the truck that includes rear but figure it wouldnt see much.

For those of you with rear cams, how many of you have the rear with 5% tint on it? Just wondering how well the cam sees anything. Thought about getting a different set up for the truck that includes rear but figure it wouldnt see much.
It is mounted right against the glass with just a sliver of space between the camera and the glass. It does fine during the day and surprisingly well at night as long as there is some type of lights, from light pole or other vehicles or the cargo lights or a light bar like I have on the back topside of my overland rack. IMO It is definitely worth having a rear camera regardless of what tint you have. I have 5% on all the windows and 40%on my windshield.

Here is some screenshots of all 3 cameras during the day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241017_140810_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20241017_140810_Drive.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20241017_140748_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20241017_140748_Drive.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20241017_140722_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20241017_140722_Drive.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 9
Is this one @securityguy approved. Asking for a friend.
Don't know....
IMO It's a matter of choice.
I actually purchased three kits... One for my truck, one for my wife's Hyundai Sonata and one for our Church bus. They use it for taking the kids to summer camp and different Church outings. The Pastor was impressed with it when he saw it in my truck so I just surprised him and bought one for the church.

I like the Rove R3 for a few reasons...

It has 3 different views. Front back, cabin. 2.5k view

It has Wifi...2.4 & 5

It has GPS data along with time, date and speed.

It has overheating protection so it doesn't burn out.(It will actually shut itself down before it overheats and burns up)

It has IR cabin for night time view.

It has a hardwire kit that doesn't drain the battery for 24/7 protection.

It holds up to 256 GB of storage and you never have to format the card, it just continually overwrites the oldest files. It holds about three or four days worth of data.

It has protect mode with a G sensor and you can set the sensitivity. That way if someone slams their door or a shopping cart into your truck in a parking lot or hits your parked truck, it will lock the file and not overwrite or if you have an accident it will lock the file and not overwrite.

I have to turn the sensitivity way down when I go off-roading, otherwise all I hear is ding...ding... ding... ding... ding... as it locks each file from the big bumps cause it thinks an accident has happened 😂

I researched a lot of different dashcam brands/types and chose the R3 for all of the qualities it has. Alot of the other brands don't have all of those features in one system.

I would definitely recommend it! I've had it for almost 2 years now and have never had one issue with it. Especially in the desert heat where the inside of my truck can get up to 150-170*F

Here is the direct website and sometimes they have discounts and sales and I have seen them on Amazon with discounts also.

Don't know....
IMO It's a matter of choice.
I actually purchased three kits... One for my truck, one for my wife's Hyundai Sonata and one for our Church bus. They use it for taking the kids to summer camp and different Church outings. The Pastor was impressed with it when he saw it in my truck so I just surprised him and bought one for the church.

I like the Rove R3 for a few reasons...

It has 3 different views. Front back, cabin. 2.5k view

It has Wifi...2.4 & 5

It has GPS data along with time, date and speed.

It has overheating protection so it doesn't burn out.(It will actually shut itself down before it overheats and burns up)

It has IR cabin for night time view.

It has a hardwire kit that doesn't drain the battery for 24/7 protection.

It holds up to 256 GB of storage and you never have to format the card, it just continually overwrites the oldest files. It holds about three or four days worth of data.

It has protect mode with a G sensor and you can set the sensitivity. That way if someone slams their door or a shopping cart into your truck in a parking lot or hits your parked truck, it will lock the file and not overwrite or if you have an accident it will lock the file and not overwrite.

I have to turn the sensitivity way down when I go off-roading, otherwise all I hear is ding...ding... ding... ding... ding... as it locks each file from the big bumps cause it thinks an accident has happened 😂

I researched a lot of different dashcam brands/types and chose the R3 for all of the qualities it has. Alot of the other brands don't have all of those features in one system.

I would definitely recommend it! I've had it for almost 2 years now and have never had one issue with it. Especially in the desert heat where the inside of my truck can get up to 150-170*F

Here is the direct website and sometimes they have discounts and sales and I have seen them on Amazon with discounts also.

The ROVE R3 is a good camera. The Viofo is a better camera and it also comes in a 3CH configuration.

The ROVE R3 is a good camera. The Viofo is a better camera and it also comes in a 3CH configuration.
It does have a higher resolution 👍 Its been 2-3 years since I was in the market for one and the technology of dashcams, security cams ect...ect...has definitely gotten much better.

@securityguy ....how did you do during the past 2 hurricanes. My 28yrs old son and my ex wife are in Orlando area and only had one sheet of plywood ripped off their bathroom window. Otherwise they are good, just cleaning up the debris blown around. Your profile says N. Florida....where about? I lived in Ocala/Silver Springs area for a while and hurricanes aren't to bad in that part of the state. More concerned about tornados.

VIOFO has a new camera coming out too that is 4k I believe. When it was up for preorder i think it was like $400

It is mounted right against the glass with just a sliver of space between the camera and the glass. It does fine during the day and surprisingly well at night as long as there is some type of lights, from light pole or other vehicles or the cargo lights or a light bar like I have on the back topside of my overland rack. IMO It is definitely worth having a rear camera regardless of what tint you have. I have 5% on all the windows and 40%on my windshield.

Here is some screenshots of all 3 cameras during the day.
Thanks. May have to get a new set up after all then. I’ll give the wife my old one

@securityguy ....how did you do during the past 2 hurricanes. My 28yrs old son and my ex wife are in Orlando area and only had one sheet of plywood ripped off their bathroom window. Otherwise they are good, just cleaning up the debris blown around. Your profile says N. Florida....where about? I lived in Ocala/Silver Springs area for a while and hurricanes aren't to bad in that part of the state. More concerned about tornados.
VIOFO has a new camera coming out too that is 4k I believe. When it was up for preorder i think it was like $400
We faired well thank GOD! A lot of wind and rain but not bad enough to cause any damage. I am just south of Jacksonville.

I bought the A329...just arrived today and I'll be installing it this weekend in my wife's new SUV.

We faired well thank GOD! A lot of wind and rain but not bad enough to cause any damage. I am just south of Jacksonville.

I bought the A329...just arrived today and I'll be installing it this weekend in my wife's new SUV.
Nice. Let me know how it works out. That is the one I was thinking of replacing the mini v2

Most Member Reactions

Back