Bad Day in San Antonio

UPDATE: Insurance decision on both sides, she is 100% liable. I cancelled the claim with my insurance and going with hers. Truck will go in to Chevrolet Collision center near my house on Monday. Her insurance (GEICO) is paying for rental, new ceramic coating, new paint protection and bumper trim for larger tires. So far, things are looking better. That said, I am positively shopping for a dash camera.

UPDATE: Insurance decision on both sides, she is 100% liable. I cancelled the claim with my insurance and going with hers. Truck will go in to Chevrolet Collision center near my house on Monday. Her insurance (GEICO) is paying for rental, new ceramic coating, new paint protection and bumper trim for larger tires. So far, things are looking better. That said, I am positively shopping for a dash camera.
Awesome! You want either the VIOFO A229 Pro 2CH or the new A329. My A329 came earlier this week and it's going into the wife's SUV today.

Copy, I need to get start. At first glance, the install guide makes my head hurt
I've been installing these for many years. Happy to help you via phone if you need it. I have helped many members with electronic installations. PM me and I'll share my cell.

Please be sure to get diminished value from her insurance too. If you feel they are low balling you, contact this guy, Collision Safety Consultants. He has a flat fee, I think $600 for his services. He seems pretty successful at what he does. I haven’t used his services, yet.
1729435032845.jpeg

Please be sure to get diminished value from her insurance too. If you feel they are low balling you, contact this guy, Collision Safety Consultants. He has a flat fee, I think $600 for his services. He seems pretty successful at what he does. I haven’t used his services, yet.
View attachment 17144
When my wife got hit before Christmas, I asked their insurance company for diminished value and got it. They said most folks don't know about it and that they're entitled to it.

When my wife got hit before Christmas, I asked their insurance company for diminished value and got it. They said most folks don't know about it and that they're entitled to it.
I’m still dealing with my accident from 9 weeks ago. When I inquired about diminished value I was told by insurance company , USAA, that the state of Florida does not recognize diminished value and there is no provision in our policies for it. @securityguy any insight so you also live in Florida?

I’m still dealing with my accident from 9 weeks ago. When I inquired about diminished value I was told by insurance company , USAA, that the state of Florida does not recognize diminished value and there is no provision in our policies for it. @securityguy any insight so you also live in Florida?
As the guy from Collision Safety Consultants says “never trust the people that owe you money”😂 A quick google search revealed this law firm and Florida diminished value claims. I’m sure @securityguy has the full info.

Reactions: AXE
This is what I know after having gone through this. If you get hit and the other insurance company pays out, you CAN file a diminished value claim with them. If you are being covered by YOUR insurance company, you cannot file for diminished value. Since the other party's insurance company paid out, I was told to get estimates from a few dealers in town as to what my diminished value would be. It was settled at $2500.

Glad the bag(s) didn’t pop. But good god I wouldnt use geico other than the rental.

It is absolutely the worst company to deal with from a repairer standpoint. They want to pay for absolutely nothing.

This is what I know after having gone through this. If you get hit and the other insurance company pays out, you CAN file a diminished value claim with them. If you are being covered by YOUR insurance company, you cannot file for diminished value. Since the other party's insurance company paid out, I was told to get estimates from a few dealers in town as to what my diminished value would be. It was settled at $2500.
Hindsight being 20/20 I should have gotten a lawyer from the start. I was ticketed for the accident because that was the easiest thing for the lazy cop who didn’t want to investigate the improperly marked intersection or the fact the other car should have been cited for excessive speed. The engine is locked up and the frame is bent and USAA still refuses to total the truck and they tell me if can be safely repaired.

Is it too late to hire an attorney since repairs have not been completed. The insurance company may be responsible for the attorney’s fee.

Depending on what state you're in you have up to 12 months to file claims after an accident. I'm not sure though you would have to check with a local attorney.
It's 12 months here in Nevada though

Hindsight being 20/20 I should have gotten a lawyer from the start. I was ticketed for the accident because that was the easiest thing for the lazy cop who didn’t want to investigate the improperly marked intersection or the fact the other car should have been cited for excessive speed. The engine is locked up and the frame is bent and USAA still refuses to total the truck and they tell me if can be safely repaired.
THAT'S BS ! Definitely trying to get some legal advice 👍
So sorry to hear about it man!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back