Any one recommend a throttle response controller and/or mass air sensor upgrade?

ZR2ftw

Reaction score
Anyone have or suggest purchasing the pedal commander throttle response controller? From what I am reading about this device it seems like a nice upgrade for the truck. Any input?

Also, I’ve see an aftermarket mass air sensor on American trucks. Is that worth the purchase? Thanks in advanced for any advice.

Anyone have or suggest purchasing the pedal commander throttle response controller? From what I am reading about this device it seems like a nice upgrade for the truck. Any input?

Also, I’ve see an aftermarket mass air sensor on American trucks. Is that worth the purchase? Thanks in advanced for any advice.
Most of the folks on here run the Ultimate 9 throttle controller. Banks, makes the Pedal Monster, which is a good unit as well. I've seen a lot of issues with the Pedal Commander. I haven't owned one though. There are a lot of threads on here about the Ultimate 9 unit.

Most of the folks on here run the Ultimate 9 throttle controller. Banks, makes the Pedal Monster, which is a good unit as well. I've seen a lot of issues with the Pedal Commander. I haven't owned one though. There are a lot of threads on here about the Ultimate 9 unit.
I’ll check them out. Do you recommend any of the performance chips that just plug into the ODB port?

I’ll check them out. Do you recommend any of the performance chips that just plug into the ODB port?
As far as I know there aren't any available for the refreshed trucks. There are a lot of threads on this Forum regarding this issue. With that being said there is a thread that Edge Technology is doing Beta testing for their controller. They seem to have been the best on the prior models. A couple of our members have signed up to participate in the testing. A town in Oregon, if I remember correctly.

As far as I know there aren't any available for the refreshed trucks. There are a lot of threads on this Forum regarding this issue. With that being said there is a thread that Edge Technology is doing Beta testing for their controller. They seem to have been the best on the prior models. A couple of our members have signed up to participate in the testing. A town in Oregon, if I remember correctly.
I might be talking about something different than what you have in mind. I posted a link to the product I’m looking at. It has a Silverado ZR2 6.2L option. I’m very new to all of this. https://rocketchipusa.com/product/c...m=cpc&utm_source=Google Shopping&utm_term=953

I don't know anything about these performance chips.
I know that the ' refrseshed", trucks, have the Global 2 ECM, that is different than those in years past. Supposedly it's been very hard to get something to work or bypass the stock setting.

I'm sure someone on here will chime in after the holiday weekend, with more knowledge on this product.

You need something that doesn't leave a footprint on the ECM unit for warranty work. Otherwise GM may cancel your factory warranty.

I don't know anything about these performance chips.
I know that the ' refrseshed", trucks, have the Global 2 ECM, that is different than those in years past. Supposedly it's been very hard to get something to work or bypass the stock setting.

I'm sure someone on here will chime in after the holiday weekend, with more knowledge on this product.

You need something that doesn't leave a footprint on the ECM unit for warranty work. Otherwise GM may cancel your factory warranty.
Snake oil 🤣

I might be talking about something different than what you have in mind. I posted a link to the product I’m looking at. It has a Silverado ZR2 6.2L option. I’m very new to all of this. https://rocketchipusa.com/product/c...m=cpc&utm_source=Google Shopping&utm_term=953
For that price, seems like a gimmick.

Ultimate 9 is a forum sponsor and I've never heard a complaint.

If you want free performance, run in tow haul mode and manual transmission mode while using the paddle shifters gears L2-L5 in tow haul mode will shit and get.

For that price, seems like a gimmick.

Ultimate 9 is a forum sponsor and I've never heard a complaint.

If you want free performance, run in tow haul mode and manual transmission mode while using the paddle shifters gears L2-L5 in tow haul mode will shit and get.
Thanks for the response. I am looking into ultimate 9 now.

You want an Ultimate9 unit...hands down! www.ultimate9.co

Snake oil
IMG_8774.jpeg

Every time you say that, this pops in my head from back in the day lol

i have never heard of any of these performance chips working as advertised. ultimate 9 has been proven to work by a few forum members.

i have never heard of any of these performance chips working as advertised. ultimate 9 has been proven to work by a few forum members.
U9 is not a performance chip, but a throttle controller. Very different, but the U9 does make a huge difference in how the truck drives and feels. Highly recommend!

View attachment 13285

Every time you say that, this pops in my head from back in the day lol
Technically it would boost HP if you had a high compression built motor that required higher octane fuel than what was available. If you had a standard issue rig, then nothing is gonna happen.

Most Member Reactions

Back