2203 miles on my new Zr2 w/ LZ0 and then this

Deacon51

Reaction score
So travel to my home town to go to a funeral (Ex-Wife's uncle, good guy, old school farmer and a Chevy guy. We got along great, I'm going to miss him). When I arrive at my folks place, I hear a ticking noise. Of course it's late on a Friday night. Called my dealership back home and sent them the following video and was told Not to drive it call Roadside Assistance for a tow. I haven't even made the first payment on this thing. And it's a shame, I've been loving this truck. Comfortable, smooth, quite, strong, and sips fuel.

I made it home by getting a friend to drive me half way and having my wife meet us and bring me the rest of the way home. I've got a wedding 700 miles away this weekend. I really don't want to drive my wife's car? Not sure about the dealership that has my truck. I've got work to do. I know this shit happens, but it's damn inconvenient.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your friend.

I see 2 things wrong out of 3.
Wrong color
Wrong engine
Right interior
I like the Dark Ash! Sometimes it's black, sometimes purple, sometimes blue. If it would have been a custom order, it's not the one I would have picked, but I like it. At least it's not white!

And, well for the first 2000 miles, I've loved this baby Duramax. I pulled a 4000 LBS trailer last week and got 21 MPG. I mean, come on that's pretty impressive. Granted, it's more tractor than sports car, but it's pretty damn impressive. If only it had the V8 sound. I do miss that bark on a cold start.
And there's only one interior!

Sorry for the troubles. Hard to tell from the sound clip, but I’m not sure that’s engine, sound like a fan shroud flex/loose or something like that. Did you feel it when you accelerate, can you make it do this all the time now. Seen your cat lately!
The noise is on decel or close fuel.
Let the dealer figure it out and thank them you don’t have to go to a wedding
Keep us posted

So travel to my home town to go to a fernel (Ex-Wifes uncle, good guy, old school farmer and a Chevy guy. We got along great, I'm going to miss him). When I arrive at my folks place, I hear a ticking noise. Of course it's late on a Friday night. Called my dealership back home and sent them the following video and was told Not to drive it call Roadside Assistance for a tow. I haven't even made the first payment on this thing. And it's a shame, I've been loving this truck. Comfortable, smooth, quite, strong, and sips fuel.

I made it home by getting a friend to drive me half way and having my wife meet us and bring me the rest of the way home. I've got a wedding 700 miles away this weekend. I really don't want to drive my wife's car? Not sure about the dealership that has my truck. I've got work to do. I know this shit happens, but it's damn inconvenient.
Holy crap 💩

Sorry for the troubles. Hard to tell from the sound clip, but I’m not sure that’s engine, sound like a fan shroud flex/loose or something like that. Did you feel it when you accelerate, can you make it do this all the time now. Seen your cat lately!
The noise is on decel or close fuel.
Let the dealer figure it out and thank them you don’t have to go to a wedding
Keep us posted
I popped the hood and checked the oil and looked around. Nothing visible on the top, crawled underneath and it definitely sounded like it was coming from the lower end, near the firewall, more passenger side than driver. As you can see in the video oil pressure looks low. I didn't notice that before.

That’s where my oil pressure rides too.
If it’s on the passenger side have someone else run the throttle and listen over there, turbo??

Most Member Reactions

Back