2024 2500 duramax trouble code

Greyzr2

Reaction score
Hello all,

Vehicle has 262 miles.
Drove from tint shop and noticed truck felt sluggish. Got home about 15 miles away. Got out and idle went really high. Figured it was doing a regen. Got back in to park in garage and noticed a CEL. Onstar diag showed P2482

Dealers service cannot see it till next week.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

Reactions: AXE
Hello all,

Vehicle has 262 miles.
Drove from tint shop and noticed truck felt sluggish. Got home about 15 miles away. Got out and idle went really high. Figured it was doing a regen. Got back in to park in garage and noticed a CEL. Onstar diag showed P2482

Dealers service cannot see it till next week.
Thoughts? Suggestions?
P2482 GMC Code - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High Bank 1 Sensor 5

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p2482_gmc.html

Might need a new sensor. However, there are plenty of software glitches. Mine had a DEF code when new, but went away next time I started it up. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong. You could pull the negative battery terminal and reset. Otherwise, use your OBD II scanner to clear the code and see if it comes back.

P2482 GMC Code - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High Bank 1 Sensor 5

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p2482_gmc.html

Might need a new sensor. However, there are plenty of software glitches. Mine had a DEF code when new, but went away next time I started it up. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong. You could pull the negative battery terminal and reset. Otherwise, use your OBD II scanner to clear the code and see if it comes back.
Thank you for the reply. Ok I will clear the code and see if it comes back. And do a few drive cycles. I did also notice that the fan seems to be running a bit high for the temperature outside when taking off and the truck is in 1st. Seems to do it until I get to 3rd gear.

Most Member Reactions

Back