Driver side Wheel Rub

Deorseyzr2HD

Reaction score
have a 24 HD zr2.
Whenever I reverse and turn, either direction, my front wheel is catching the stock wheel liner.
I have the stock tires/rims. Is this happening to anyone else?

It might be out if square and need suspension adjusted. I would check your height of the front end vs the rear. Measure from the bottom of fender to the ground at all our corners on flat even concrete. The heights should be the same on the front fenders and the same on the rear. Front will be lower by about 1 to 2 inches.

If you raise the front a little, it'll pull the tire further from the rear of the wheel well. Depends how bad the rub is.

You can crank the torsion bars to raise the front some and get it close to level with rear. I have a thread posting the process and measurements for mine.

Last edited:
It might be out if square and need suspension adjusted. I would check your height of the front end vs the rear. Measure from the bottom of fender to the ground at all our corners on flat even concrete. The heights should be the same on the front fenders and the same on the rear. Front will be lower by about 1 to 2 inches.

If you raise the front a little, it'll pull the tire further from the rear of the wheel well. Depends how bad the rub is.

You can crank the torsion bars to raise the front some and get it close to level with rear. I have a thread posting the process and measurements for mine.
I'm going to have the dealership fix it. it keeps getting worse every time the tire grabs it. if it wasn't under warranty id just try a heat gun to reshape it. I can almost do it by hand.

If you want to measure height shouldn't you start at the bottom of the wheel not the ground? That takes tire pressure out of the equation.

Reactions: AXE
If you want to measure height shouldn't you start at the bottom of the wheel not the ground? That takes tire pressure out of the equation.
Just check you air pressure first, but you're sitting on the tires either way. It's not an exact science, but I've seen them well off square from the dealer lot. I also measure mine from the bottom of the frame to eliminate some of the variables from body mounting.

Just check you air pressure first, but you're sitting on the tires either way. It's not an exact science, but I've seen them well off square from the dealer lot. I also measure mine from the bottom of the frame to eliminate some of the variables from body mounting.
Just checked mine for giggles. Measuring from the wheel, 33 1/4" on the front +- 1/16th" and a bit over an Inch higher in the rears. Can't recall the exact number since I started doing other things after measuring lol. Eventually I'll see about leveling it. Guess mine is pretty square. I'll eventually level it though just because I like it better lol.

Just checked mine for giggles. Measuring from the wheel, 33 1/4" on the front +- 1/16th" and a bit over an Inch higher in the rears. Can't recall the exact number since I started doing other things after measuring lol. Eventually I'll see about leveling it. Guess mine is pretty square. I'll eventually level it though just because I like it better lol.
One thing to note, I was referencing the 2500HD truck in this thread. The 1500 is a different suspension setup, with no torsion bar adjustment.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back