2022 Bose System

Technically you bought it, in part, because the build sheet said "Premium Bose Sound System", not "avearge sound system".
In chevrolets eyes bose system is premium. But premium to chevy is better then regular chevy speakers and that's not saying g much either lol.

Technically you bought it, in part, because the build sheet said "Premium Bose Sound System", not "avearge sound system".
agree 100%. who knows what this other guy talking about.....tellin me why i bought my truck. wtf???

agree 100%. who knows what this other guy talking about.....tellin me why i bought my truck. wtf???
Relax don't get your panties all in a bundle. I have my opinion and you have yours. I have owned gm trucks for over 20 years and all there bose have been sub par.

I finally got my Kicker sub woofer from GM after 3 month back order wait. I have been following all the treads on the stock Bose system so far. I think they may have delayed the back orders for this part to do some adjustments to it. The one I have is enclosed in a shell with the stock storage area built in. I did get the Kicker dial adjuster and asked them when installing to attach the wire and I will run the dial after to the consul. Dealership guys are friends and so I trust them telling em there is no place to plus the dial in the new system without opening it up and that would void the warrantee. The system is now redesigned to work with the GM Bose system and use the built in equalizer to adjust the bass. So I did just that, adjust to the sound I like and it really did improve the sound overall. I listen to mostly classic rock and country and ran some tests with favorites, I was really impressed with the upgrade. Test songs- Blake Shelton, God's Country- Pink Floyd, Money-Queen, Another one bites the dust.

You get any trim in that Vette or too busy with the stereo?
Nah, It's just a rental. Played with the roof, stereo, and rear tires the most. 490hp puts down nice, and It can corner at 40 like its nothing.

If I wanted to swap pieces of trim out, I'd probably add some carbon fibre pieces - but not on a 5 day; I'd need to be the owner to make that kind of investment. :ROFLMAO:

Since all this talk about sound systems, I went out tonight and did some adjusting on my ZR2 sound system and I got it sounding pretty good for what it is. Then I decided to jump in my wife's 23 Tahoe High Country and check it out a little better. I adjusted that as well and it really sounds good. Much better bass probably bigger sub and amp to fill the bigger cabin. There is a center channel speaker on the dash as well. One thing that is interesting is the corner dash speakers are different size due to the HUD taking up too much space on the left, so speaker is smaller in that corner.

FWIW, the seats and interior trim materials are so much nicer in the Tahoe, everything feels a little softer and more luxurious.

Last edited:
I finally got my Kicker sub woofer from GM after 3 month back order wait. I have been following all the treads on the stock Bose system so far. I think they may have delayed the back orders for this part to do some adjustments to it. The one I have is enclosed in a shell with the stock storage area built in. I did get the Kicker dial adjuster and asked them when installing to attach the wire and I will run the dial after to the consul. Dealership guys are friends and so I trust them telling em there is no place to plus the dial in the new system without opening it up and that would void the warrantee. The system is now redesigned to work with the GM Bose system and use the built in equalizer to adjust the bass. So I did just that, adjust to the sound I like and it really did improve the sound overall. I listen to mostly classic rock and country and ran some tests with favorites, I was really impressed with the upgrade. Test songs- Blake Shelton, God's Country- Pink Floyd, Money-Queen, Another one bites the dust.
good info.

can you post a picture of this new enclosure? I would like to get one but I don't see it on the accessories site - probably still on back-order.

can you post a picture of this new enclosure? I would like to get one but I don't see it on the accessories site - probably still on back-order.
Sure thing, here is some shots of what it looks like installed. It has a hard shell on it that seems pretty durable. There is still storage area too. But I plan to modify the original storage rack to fill the passenger side for more storage.

Attachments

• tempImage9ItTmX.png
    tempImage9ItTmX.png
    809 KB · Views: 106
  • tempImageWaQ4ni.png
    tempImageWaQ4ni.png
    914.2 KB · Views: 106
  • tempImagedf7eTr.png
    tempImagedf7eTr.png
    821.3 KB · Views: 106
Since all this talk about sound systems, I went out tonight and did some adjusting on my ZR2 sound system and I got it sounding pretty good for what it is. Then I decided to jump in my wife's 23 Tahoe High Country and check it out a little better. I adjusted that as well and it really sounds good. Much better bass probably bigger sub and amp to fill the bigger cabin. There is a center channel speaker on the dash as well. One thing that is interesting is the corner dash speakers are different size due to the HUD taking up too much space on the left, so speaker is smaller in that corner.

FWIW, the seats and interior trim materials are so much nicer in the Tahoe, everything feels a little softer and more luxurious.
That i do agree tahoe does sound better do to the center console sub and the center dash speaker. I traded my 2021 z71 tahoe for the zr2.

Reactions: AXE
Pulled the trigger and bought dual 10" loaded box from skar audio with there 800 watt amp. And damn for spending $500 worth every penny. Only downside is you loose underseat storage. They also sell single subwoofer box if you want to keep storage. The box fitment is perfect, it doesn't touch the bottom of the seat.

Attachments

• IMG_20230417_150106.jpg
    IMG_20230417_150106.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 91
Pulled the trigger and bought dual 10" loaded box from skar audio with there 800 watt amp. And damn for spending $500 worth every penny. Only downside is you loose underseat storage. They also sell single subwoofer box if you want to keep storage. The box fitment is perfect, it doesn't touch the bottom of the seat.
nice and clean install.

Most Member Reactions

Back