ZR2 HD Non Bison 37's

I am not even ready size up on my 1500 without knowing the impact to the driving dynamics. I am sure AEV may be working on it (LD, HD) as they already have designed it for Colorado Bison.

I do like AEV's RAM models. They are beasts. Let's see if they bring same magic to Silverados.
Chevy till I die! Idc if Mary Borla is using my funds for extra guac on her Chipotle Keto Bowl!

I did just Install BFG Mud Terain 37-12.5-18 tires on my stock ZR2 HD rims on a Non Bison Truck . I can confirm it clears the Bumper by 3/4-1/2 inch But that is at the widest point of the tire and at the closest point on bumper if the tires articulate up and down there it should gain clearance . It was rubbing the Wheel Housing liner slightly in the front . I was able to bend the brackets slightly by hand to gain clearance . It may still rub in some situations . Plenty of clearance in the back and to A Arms in the front . I do think 13.5 wide would have looked better but I would most likely need a different offset rim and I wanted to keep the originals . Looking back now that I have seen the bison package in person I wish I had ordered it as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4078.jpg
    IMG_4078.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4077 copy.jpg
    IMG_4077 copy.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 40
I did just Install BFG Mud Terain 37-12.5-18 tires on my stock ZR2 HD rims on a Non Bison Truck . I can confirm it clears the Bumper by 3/4-1/2 inch But that is at the widest point of the tire and at the closest point on bumper if the tires articulate up and down there it should gain clearance . It was rubbing the Wheel Housing liner slightly in the front . I was able to bend the brackets slightly by hand to gain clearance . It may still rub in some situations . Plenty of clearance in the back and to A Arms in the front . I do think 13.5 wide would have looked better but I would most likely need a different offset rim and I wanted to keep the originals . Looking back now that I have seen the bison package in person I wish I had ordered it as well.
If you drive off road a lot and have to articulate the suspension when the wheels are turned---good luck you will have fouling.

Looks good! If you want to gain a little more on front bumper you can crank the torsion bars up a few turns. Also you can trim the plastic for and aft.

For those that have switched to 37's on factory wheels/stock, any regrets? I am considering 37's but honestly, it's only for looks. Therefore, I don't know if the compromise is worth it. The factory Territory MT's are ok, but man in wet weather they have been performing very poorly for me. They appear to measure out at 34.8" and 12.4" wide. I am considering a Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT in the stock 305/70/18 size which measures 35.28" and 12.2" wide for comparison. For a mall crawler and back roads "off-roader", I am confident the 37" would work for me but I think its tire specific as some 12.5" tires are 12.8" wide and I fear it won't clear the UCA. One thing is for sure, I am getting new tires even though I only have 1200 miles on my rig. I am not a fan of the stock Goodyears at all. Is the visual difference in person significant enough to throw caution to the wind and just jump on some 37's?

Last edited:
For those that have switched to 37's on factory wheels/stock, any regrets? I am considering 37's but honestly, it's only for looks. Therefore, I don't know if the compromise is worth it. The factory Territory MT's are ok, but man in wet weather they have been performing very poorly for me. They appear to measure out at 34.8" and 12.4" wide. I am considering a Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT in the stock 305/70/18 size which measures 35.28" and 12.2" wide for comparison. For a mall crawler and back roads "off-roader", I am confident the 37" would work for me but I think its tire specific as some 12.5" tires are 12.8" wide and I fear it won't clear the UCA. One thing is for sure, I am getting new tires even though I only have 1200 miles on my rig. I am not a fan of the stock Goodyears at all. Is the visual difference in person significant enough to throw caution to the wind and just jump on some 37's?
You can view pictures my post where I put a Toyo MT on mine. I used the 13.5 cause I liked the proportions better. It still cleared the UCAs, but got very close. I figured hard off roading and airing down would have been rubbing UCAs for that tire. I figured a +18 or 0 offset rim would cure that.

Most have used the 12.5 width tires and no issues with rubbing on stock rim.

Stock rim offset is +33 on the Bison rims, I think the same for non Bison.

Last edited:
You can view pictures my post where I put a Toyo MT on mine. I used the 13.5 cause I liked the proportions better. It still cleared the UCAs, but got very close. I figured hard off roading and airing down would have been rubbing for that tire. I figured a +18 or 0 offset rim would cure that.

Most have used the 12.5 width tires and no issues with rubbing on stock rim.

Stock rim offset is +33 on the Bison rims, I think the same for non Bison.
Thank you for the response.

So, there aren't a ton of 37/12.50/18 tires out there. One I am considering is the Falken Wildpeak RT01. It's actually made for lifted and diesel trucks based on the description. However, it isn't 3peak snow rated which isn't a deal breaker, but in upstate NY the rating is preferred. It states that the width is 12.8" compared to the 12.4" stock Goodyear. It feels that there is very little room now from the tire to the UCA. I have read several members who have the Toyo Open Country AT3s with no issues. They are fairly mild with little sidewall thickness, which I am sure helps. Another option I am considering is the 315/70/18 Yokohama Geolander MT G003 which comes in at 35.6" and 12.4" width. Of course, it will be louder and probably not the best for a daily.

Reactions: AXE
Thank you for the response.

So, there aren't a ton of 37/12.50/18 tires out there. One I am considering is the Falken Wildpeak RT01. It's actually made for lifted and diesel trucks based on the description. However, it isn't 3peak snow rated which isn't a deal breaker, but in upstate NY the rating is preferred. It states that the width is 12.8" compared to the 12.4" stock Goodyear. It feels that there is very little room now from the tire to the UCA. I have read several members who have the Toyo Open Country AT3s with no issues. They are fairly mild with little sidewall thickness, which I am sure helps. Another option I am considering is the 315/70/18 Yokohama Geolander MT G003 which comes in at 35.6" and 12.4" width. Of course, it will be louder and probably not the best for a daily.
I haven't seen anybody here post about Toyo AT3s. If I do 37s, I might do them instead of the MTs or RTs. I have Toyo RT Trails on my old 2500HD. They look good and ride good, but aren't holding up as well as they are on my 1500.

The Falken Wildpeak ATs are good 3 peak tires, but not for 2500s. I don't have experience with the RT, but it's a nice looking tire. Might be worth a go.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back