Watch out all you 6.2 gas folks, we're comin for ya!!!

The 3.0 is selling because the 5.3 is a dog. The 3.0 is at least a more fuel efficient dog.

Although I do find irony in the purchase of a lifted 80k dollar off-road vehicle with fuel economy as a main consideration.

If it wasn’t locked down under Global B and you could turn up the wick…No doubt that 400/600 would be attainable with a few mods if you didn’t live in Biden’s America.

Put me in the “put a bigger F-ing gas tank in the truck club” so I can post pictures of my range and feel superior
Always enjoyed a good ol dog 😉

This 3.0L diesel has entered the chat!

If you're using reliability as an adverb to describe GM, you deserve to drive a Ford!
Tried to counter that one picture we’ve seen on the forum of a 3.0 being towed with all the unique posts about 6.2 catastrophic failures but got tired of copying and pasting….go fast, or not at all, might be GMs next marketing slogan for their v8s 😅😉😂🤠🇺🇸

Tried to counter that one picture we’ve seen on the forum of a 3.0 being towed with all the unique posts about 6.2 catastrophic failures but got tired of copying and pasting….go fast, or not at all, might be GMs next marketing slogan for their v8s 😅😉😂🤠🇺🇸
I beat a Vette the other day and a Raptor R today. It took that Vette until I hit 60 to run me down. The craptor quit at 40 after I gapped him 1.5 lengths just before I banged 3rd. I have the fastest 6.2L on this forum.

If I was towing a 3.0L, they'd probably have a chance.

Last edited:
I have had 3 of the 3.0 Duramax trucks and having nothing but good to say about them, only small hassle is the DEF fluid thing. Great mileage. My current 6.2 is certainly quicker but does average 8 mpg less on my regular commute route.

I would never buy any engine you had to pull to do routine maintenance. an oil pump drive belt on the back of the engine? WTF ? and now the new extended life improvement, just extend the length of the recommended service and problem solved. it's after warranty is up so who cares.

The 6.2 cost more than the duralax because it's worth it, the V8 is going away get'em while you can. the diesel is a 10k upgrade on the HD line, you get the duralax $1500 cheaper in the half ton. we'll check back in 5 years and see how this played out.

the V8 is going away get'em while you can.

If the V8 is going away then why did GM just sink 854 mil into a new V8 engine plant to produce the 6th Gen V8's???

If the V8 is going away then why did GM just sink 854 mil into a new V8 engine plant to produce the 6th Gen V8's???

It’s not worth engaging…there’s more posts on here than you can count about 6.2 catastrophic failure and the ONLY thing he can do is call the 3.0 funny names, declare it as problematic, and point at a 200k mile maintenance item. It’s quite ironic.

Last edited:
1000039892.gif

It’s not worth engaging…there’s more posts on here than you can count about 6.2 catastrophic failure and the ONLY thing he can do is call the 3.0 funny names, declare it as problematic, and point at a 200k mile maintenance item. It’s quite ironic.
There's a long list of problems on the duralax and you know it, most common one at the moment is exhaust filter plugging. pump drive belts have failed under 100K , complete engine failures . I researched them before I bought the 6.2 and said phuk no. I don't give a FF what you buy but be honest about it.

GM will be the only V8 half ton on the market in the next year or two, Ram is out and Ford is almost out. the new engine may or may not be better and it may or may not be available very long. it's safe to say whatever the new V8 is it's not going to have more power or less emissions equipment and it will have issues to work out like always. if it does turn out good that'll be my next half ton, I hope they're a success.

There's a long list of problems on the duralax and you know it, most common one at the moment is exhaust filter plugging. pump drive belts have failed under 100K , complete engine failures . I researched them before I bought the 6.2 and said phuk no. I don't give a FF what you buy but be honest about it.

GM will be the only V8 half ton on the market in the next year or two, Ram is out and Ford is almost out. the new engine may or may not be better and it may or may not be available very long. it's safe to say whatever the new V8 is it's not going to have more power or less emissions equipment and it will have issues to work out like always. if it does turn out good that'll be my next half ton, I hope they're a success.
I am being honest, I’ve had both and I’ve been pretty unbiased in any insight I’ve given when asked on this forum. There are positives to either route and there are negatives. You take all of this way too personally, even saying at one point feelings were hurt. Any statement about the 6.2 is not a personal attack on you so please get over it already. There are plenty of folks on this forum where the 3.0 duramax better meets their needs and they’re coming here for information and not an emotional response.

I am being honest, I’ve had both and I’ve been pretty unbiased in any insight I’ve given when asked on this forum. There are positives to either route and there are negatives. You take all of this way too personally, even saying at one point feelings were hurt. Any statement about the 6.2 is not a personal attack on you so please get over it already. There are plenty of folks on this forum where the 3.0 duramax better meets their needs and they’re coming here for information and not an emotional response.
1726507887762.png

You can tell that Google, and AI, are biased, simply search these 2 phrases and see how unfair they are.

1726508578936.png

1726508708757.png

And AI didn't even mention the latest issues with some engines spinning main bearings...

I admit, the 6.2 liter is a great engine, I feel for the percentage of people who are having them fail, and even more sorry for those that it happens to out of warranty, or, due to aftermarket mods have their warranty denied.

IMHO/YMMV

I test drove the 3.0 while I was exploring options and at the time, was all I could find anywhere. Sooooo glad I waited to find the 6.2 with the options I wanted. Not even a comparison. Like the dealer trying to convince you the 4 cylinder is just as good as a V8. :rolleyes: Never been a diesel guy, never needed to tote a house around with me. The 2500 ZR2 would probably be my only sway point and that's just because that's as big as you can be lol.

I test drove the 3.0 while I was exploring options and at the time, was all I could find anywhere. Sooooo glad I waited to find the 6.2 with the options I wanted. Not even a comparison. Like the dealer trying to convince you the 4 cylinder is just as good as a V8. :rolleyes: Never been a diesel guy, never needed to tote a house around with me. The 2500 ZR2 would probably be my only sway point and that's just because that's as big as you can be lol.
Yep, I’ve had a zr2 with both and it’s all about use cases and personal preferences, that’s actually the beauty of having options.

Either way, grip it and rip it 🇺🇸

Most Member Reactions

Back