Swap a TPMS sensor out of a damaged tire/rim to put into the spare?

Bison 650

Reaction score
I learned that the HD ZR2/ Bisons don't have a TPMS sensor the spare. I got a screw in a tire and swapped it with the spare. The tire with the patched screw hole will now be my spare. How do I take out and place the sensor in the former spare?

I learned that the HD ZR2/ Bisons don't have a TPMS sensor the spare. I got a screw in a tire and swapped it with the spare. The tire with the patched screw hole will now be my spare. How do I take out and place the sensor in the former spare?
I’m sure just about any decent tire shop can swap it out for you.

Just a screw in the tread? If you aren’t going to add a fifth TPMS sensor, why not just have the flat repaired? Probably save you the $25 or so to mess with the former spare.

I added the fifth sensor to allow for 5 tire rotations.

I actually hate this practice. This is something that should be standard on any vehicle with a spare. Can’t tell you how many times in my industry you go to swap a spare on for a wheel recon and it’s a pancake.

It would at least force techs to check the spare as part of the premium people pay for service.

Any tire shop can remount and balance the two wheels and swap the sensor.

Just a screw in the tread? If you aren’t going to add a fifth TPMS sensor, why not just have the flat repaired? Probably save you the $25 or so to mess with the former spare.

I added the fifth sensor to allow for 5 tire rotations.
Curious. I’m assuming the tire shop does a relearn for the fifth wheel when they rotate right? As chebbys only store an active 4.

Most Member Reactions

Back