GATORB8’s Build Thread

GATORB8

Reaction score
Picked up today. Slate with Dark, Tech, Multi, Sunroof. Gasser.

37x12.50R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers in hand, mount tomorrow
Topo Inlays and Ceramic Monday
Standard Amps ordered ETA TBD
Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Saturday

Attachments

• IMG_8864.jpeg
    IMG_8864.jpeg
    447.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_8865.jpeg
    IMG_8865.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8860.jpeg
    IMG_8860.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8846.png
    IMG_8846.png
    280.5 KB · Views: 81
Nice! So you did no mods at all and the 37's fit?
I used a scrap 2x4 and lightly pried back on the liner screw heads to pull the bracket back a little. Someone on FB recommended it last night so I went ahead and did it before.

I did have one loose liner screw from the factory that had it sagging in about a half inch. Wonder if that’s what’s causing some complaints about rubbing stock.

Other than that nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_8871.jpeg
    IMG_8871.jpeg
    451 KB · Views: 26
Welcome, what axle is that on the camper
Nice work
Timbren Axle-Less. I used the “Tonne” version with longer travel. 3500 hubs/brakes but setup for 2200 lbs. Also came in 5x5 so all 8 tires/wheels match and can be used anywhere.

I used a scrap 2x4 and lightly pried back on the liner screw heads to pull the bracket back a little. Someone on FB recommended it last night so I went ahead and did it before.

I did have one loose liner screw from the factory that had it sagging in about a half inch. Wonder if that’s what’s causing some complaints about rubbing stock.

Other than that nothing.
That sounds like a bit of a chicken shit mod, did you crank up the torsion bars to level your rig first?

I test fit a set of Toyo MT 38x13.5 tires and they're wasn't any issues with clearance of wheel wells. I was primarily concerned with minimal clearance on the UCAs with stock Bison wheels which are +33 offset. I figured with 0 offset, or maybe even +12 it would be fine.

That sounds like a bit of a chicken shit mod, did you crank up the torsion bars to level your rig first?

I test fit a set of Toyo MT 38x13.5 tires and they're wasn't any issues with clearance of wheel wells. I was primarily concerned with minimal clearance on the UCAs with stock Bison wheels which are +33 offset. I figured with 0 offset, or maybe even +12 it would be fine.
Ha, I know it sounds janky, but it was just a quick way to push/bend the little metal brackets that the screws go into back a little bit. Doesn’t have to be a 2x4, lol. Compared to the bison, I’d guess my liners come down lower in the front to match the slightly lower valence height.

I was definitely most concerned with UCA clearance. Not scientific, but I could just fit my finger between the sidewall and the UCA with stock tires at ride height. I’m guessing it’s due to the movement of the bulge point of the tire, but I easily have twice as much clearance with the 12.50 Ridge Grapplers.

I did NOT crank the bars, I would have trimmed before doing that. I’ve personally always hated the leveling fad, trucks are supposed to have rake and screw the guys that value levelness over blinding oncoming traffic and riding like a South Carolina high schooler when they actually have a load.

Last edited:
Ha, I know it sounds janky, but it was just a quick way to push/bend the little metal brackets that the screws go into back a little bit. Doesn’t have to be a 2x4, lol. Compared to the bison, I’d guess my liners come down lower in the front to match the slightly lower valence height.

I was definitely most concerned with UCA clearance. Not scientific, but I could just fit my finger between the sidewall and the UCA with stock tires at ride height. I’m guessing it’s due to the movement of the bulge point of the tire, but I easily have twice as much clearance with the 12.50 Ridge Grapplers.

I did NOT crank the bars, I would have trimmed before doing that. I’ve personally always hated the leveling fad, trucks are supposed to have rake and screw the guys that value levelness over blinding oncoming traffic and riding like a South Carolina high schooler when they actually have a load.
Yeah, I'm not sure of the clearance difference in the Bison, but i thought a couple other guys had done 37x12.5 on there standard bumper.

This truck doesn't have much rake, maybe 1.5 inches. I did about 3-4 turns and raised it about 3/4 inches.

If you want to adjust headlights, it's easy to do. Put the headlights on a garage door or wall and mark the cut off line with tape. Then after adjusting the torsion bars you can adjust the headlights down by turning the adjustment screw a little bit.

Just dropped off the truck at the wrap shop while I fly to Chicago for work for a couple days. When I get back the inlays will be done (decided on Matte Black base, gloss black topo lines, and a red base outline to match the hooks). The dealer didn’t even tint the windows after the BS package that supposedly included it, so they’re doing 35% on the fronts and a 5% brow. Then full clay, polish, and ceramic.

Should be lookin good when I get back late Wednesday.

Sneak peak from the wrap. We decided to get rid of the red outline.

Attachments

• 75138472182__9A280429-4B88-4E11-B173-680110ABF9AF.jpeg
    75138472182__9A280429-4B88-4E11-B173-680110ABF9AF.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 75138469637__41E17A0B-7EEE-4797-A71A-F543F23E4D61.jpeg
    75138469637__41E17A0B-7EEE-4797-A71A-F543F23E4D61.jpeg
    428.2 KB · Views: 24

Most Member Reactions

Back