Southeast Members Helene

I live in East Tennessee and we got a lot of rain, wind and a bit of flooding. About 50 miles east of here in and around the Tennessee / North Carolina Smokey Mountains got hammered. There was a dam failure in Western North Carolina, I-40 east over the mountains into North Carolina has been shut down because part of the roadway was washed out, and a lot of flooding. A hospital on the Tennessee side of the mountains was flooded to within about 10' of the roof. 50 some-odd staff and patients had to be evacuated by helicopters from the Knox County Sheriff's department and the Tennessee Air National Guard out of McGee Tyson air base. There is an area lake called Douglas lake that's supposed to rise 16' and the Pigeon River in Sevier County (think Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge) is 28' above flood stage.

I'm in north AL. We just got some rain and a little wind. I did have a camping trip planned in East TN, Pioneer area. We were supposed to drive up yesterday. I canceled it ofcourse, lol. The campground acted a little surprised and they didn't seem to think they would get much of the storm.

My wife is from Anna Maria Island, FL. That area got hammered worse then they ever have before. Her brother and step dad still lives in Bradenton. One of her moms friends sent her a bunch of pictures walking around the Island. The whole Island is covered in sand most everything flooded and is heavily damaged. Wild to see a foot or two of sand in the restaurants and shops. All the roads just look like a beach.

I've got a buddy in north Carolina. He has been with out power all day. They got hammered hard too. He said trees were down everywhere.

Have friends four wheeling in Grundy Virginia. The whole trail system got shut down. Pretty wild storm to effect such a large area.

But who has actually checked in on Securityguy...Cmon AXE...Hes ur Bud U always argue with...🤔🤷‍♂️...Did he put the pontoons on the side and the outboard on his tailgate of the HC...time to check up...We need to know...Hope He's good....🤔

But who has actually checked in on Securityguy...Cmon AXE...Hes ur Bud U always argue with...🤔🤷‍♂️...Did he put the pontoons on the side and the outboard on his tailgate of the HC...time to check up...We need to know...Hope He's good....🤔
I don't know, but I'm seeing some horrific flooding in North Carolina around Asheville! I hope everyone's safe but these storms are vicious!

Most Member Reactions

Back