Smoked Supra

AXE

Reaction score
I smoked this Supra today and it tasted great!

I was getting on the on-ramp to the freeway and I seen him come up behind me. I knew he was gonna try and get around me before the lane merged. I was already in T/H L3, because I like to hear my pipes ring on this little incline. He didn't have a chance. I dumped on it when he got a few lengths away from me and then he tried to accelerate, but I was already on plane at about 3500 rpms. I'm sure his fillings were rattling when I hit 6k before I banged L4. I was a little late on my shift, so I did bog a tad when it cut power about 87 mph. I hit about 96 mph getting on the freeway and then I had to slow down cause of all the reckless drivers on the road. He must have felt defeated, cause he backed off at about 90. Probably a good idea, because mine goes 98 and I use all of it.

When you're gonna flex on the dark horse you better bring the HP or at least get a bigger spoiler. I just left the car wash rack, so my aero package was dialed in.

Attachments

• 20240808_160102.jpg
    20240808_160102.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 20240808_155340.jpg
    20240808_155340.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Was it a new Supra with the BMW 6 in it?
I couldn't tell, I'll have to turn my rear camera on next time so I can see it better when I'm walking him......LOL.

I do think it was a newer one. It looked pretty nice. I bet it's fun to drive!

Last edited:
He's probably posting this in the Supra forum. "I don't know what happened, but an old man in farm truck smoked me today. All I remember seeing was a red deuce and dual exhaust"!

Attachments

• 20240808_182503.jpg
    20240808_182503.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 36
Stock 6.2? Supercharged?

I raced a hellcat charger in my truck up a bridge on my commute one morning, we were neck and neck and then i realized i was racing myself and he was just easing into the throttle casually. I got excited for a second thinking this 6.2 had the juice and was as fast as that hellcat, its not.

I doubt that supra was trying very hard. Having just sold an M4 with the previous generation inline 6 twin turbo S55 engine I can tell you he is alot faster than you. Those new B58's are quick, even stock he is 2 seconds faster to 60 and 2 seconds faster to the 1/4, if he has any tuning then forget about it.

Uh Anyway, AXE, your truck looks great. I plan on copying your wheel and tire setup as far a size and offset go. Also really appreciate your writeup on the trimming necessary for fitment. The above is all in fun, i hope you did smoke him!

Attachments

• 67039401.jpg
    67039401.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 9
Stock 6.2? Supercharged?

I raced a hellcat charger in my truck up a bridge on my commute one morning, we were neck and neck and then i realized i was racing myself and he was just easing into the throttle casually. I got excited for a second thinking this 6.2 had the juice and was as fast as that hellcat, its not.

I doubt that supra was trying very hard. Having just sold an M4 with the previous generation inline 6 twin turbo S55 engine I can tell you he is alot faster than you. Those new B58's are quick, even stock he is 2 seconds faster to 60 and 2 seconds faster to the 1/4, if he has any tuning then forget about it.

Uh Anyway, AXE, your truck looks great. I plan on copying your wheel and tire setup as far a size and offset go. Also really appreciate your writeup on the trimming necessary for fitment. The above is all in fun, i hope you did smoke him!
It's stock 6.2, but I still had +2 mph to go......and I have satin chrome pedal covers, so no way he was beating me.

It would be fun to run run a 6.2L supercharger, with a 3 inch lowerering kit and some 315 35 R20 Toyo ST III Proxes on this sleeperr rig.

I have a friend who has a Supra with the turbo 6, it is WAY faster than the 6.2 in a ZR2

Most Member Reactions

Back