Rain Etched Windows

That’s just a bit over the top.
giphy.gif

Well I am hoping it’s not wrecked for sure. Hoping the paint will just buff out. The windows I can deal with by replacing if I had to. Can’t really do that with the paint.
Most of the time it can be buffed out. I’ve seen where it comes back after you think you got it all.

This stuff is amazing! Used it on my glass and the other for vehicle paint.

Looks like they have a product specifically for glass

I think I may order some and give it a whirl. The chemical guys didn’t get it out nor a new bottle of xtreme clean. I cancelled the tint for Saturday. Guess I’ll go for the exhaust while trying to fix the glass. Hopefully the linked item will be great if it doesn’t work then I’ll go with replacement. I think the two passenger side windows may be able to be cleaned since they look less damaged. I appreciate all the replies and advise. You guys are great.

I use this on chrome too. Polishes rims right up View attachment 15620
This ol trick does work really well. Just be sure you stay away from rubber work and rinse/wash your truck good after you do it so you get rid of all the wool remnants. Redone an old 71' with years of neglect and road grime on the windows. Looked brand new. Finest you can get the better.

Anyone have a good way to get water stains out of glass? I tried an old bottle I have of Rain X Xtream clean but that did not work. The bottle is older so not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. It has worked for me in the past but this truck sure was neglected. If I cannot get this out of the glass, I'll have to replace it. That would suck cause then Id have to put off tinting it and delay my exhaust til sometime next year. You can also see the damage in the paint but I figure my detailer can buff/polish that out at the end of Sept when he comes by. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
When all else fails and your ready to get serious, get out the DA with a wool pad, apply this to it : https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-ceriglass-polish.html and let that machine go to work.

An easy to get product is bartenders' friend along with the magic eraser.

Anyone have a good way to get water stains out of glass? I tried an old bottle I have of Rain X Xtream clean but that did not work. The bottle is older so not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. It has worked for me in the past but this truck sure was neglected. If I cannot get this out of the glass, I'll have to replace it. That would suck cause then Id have to put off tinting it and delay my exhaust til sometime next year. You can also see the damage in the paint but I figure my detailer can buff/polish that out at the end of Sept when he comes by. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Try this. Works great 👍

Attachments

• 17248692116495750584592085904314.jpg
    17248692116495750584592085904314.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 4
  • 17248692245639078060072420572886.jpg
    17248692245639078060072420572886.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 17248692353821683728999912920819.jpg
    17248692353821683728999912920819.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 5
  • 17248692533797814655468122554145.jpg
    17248692533797814655468122554145.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: AXE
Try this. Works great 👍
Thanks.

So far I have worked twice in the drivers window with the stuff I have. Although it’s less noticeable, you can still look through it and see the circles etc. maybe it will just take time. Granted the edge of the glass still is highly noticeable. I do think I may get some of the suds factory stuff as everyone seems to say there is nothing better.

Work smart!

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240828_222309_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240828_222309_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 8
Work smart!
If I used a polisher, how would that get the corners? Any specific compound or just use the stuff I have? A regular microfiber bonnet good enough?

I do not currently own one and never used one but willing to try if it gets it and makes quick work of it to boot. :)

If I used a polisher, how would that get the corners? Any specific compound or just use the stuff I have? A regular microfiber bonnet good enough?

I do not currently own one and never used one but willing to try if it gets it and makes quick work of it to boot. :)
There are smaller buffers that are sold that have attachments down to 1 inch. If you have a variable speed drill, you can buy a kit on Amazon that has 1-4 inch foam pads for little of nothing. As much as you have it might be worth it. Otherwise just pay a detail shop to do it.

Try the chems first like I and others have mentioned. Use the polisher as a last ditch effort. I can tell you that what I use has worked awesomely without much effort. However, with that being said, none of us truly know how badly your windows have been "etched".

Try the chems first like I and others have mentioned. Use the polisher as a last ditch effort. I can tell you that what I use has worked awesomely without much effort. However, with that being said, none of us truly know how badly your windows have been "etched".
This is true. Out of any vehicle I have ever seen, it's the worst. Others I have owned it was usually just the windshield and came off with the Xtreme Clean. This hasn't with using the Xtreme Clean and the Chemical guys. Some has but not nearly all. I figure it just needs some tender loving care and will be perfectish in time.

On a side note, my Borla Catback should be here Friday lol.

Just get a machine and some cleaner and get this done. I could piss on that window and clean it better than Chemical Guys and Adams, cause I piss excellence.

Bring it by my place and bring me a 6 pack of Schlitz so we can end the hand wringing.

Fer crissakes, we've wasted more time talking about it than doing it. This is worse than a what kind of oil should I use thread.

Most Member Reactions

Back