Rain Etched Windows

Byrds8

Reaction score
Anyone have a good way to get water stains out of glass? I tried an old bottle I have of Rain X Xtream clean but that did not work. The bottle is older so not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. It has worked for me in the past but this truck sure was neglected. If I cannot get this out of the glass, I'll have to replace it. That would suck cause then Id have to put off tinting it and delay my exhaust til sometime next year. You can also see the damage in the paint but I figure my detailer can buff/polish that out at the end of Sept when he comes by. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

1724714017264.gif

Tried but it wouldnt show. Imagine instead of water spots, like youd see on a flat surface, its water lines. LOL

Do you think an orbital polisher will work too?
I think you will have better luck with a clay bar kit.
Our irrigation water is hard and sometimes it gets on my work car. I use the steel wool on it and it comes right off

White vinegar or a clay bar should work. A light polish and your DA polisher should work as well.
So far, a magic eraser and Rain X Xtreme Clean have been tried. Not sure if the Rain X is too old or I just need more umph lol

I think you will have better luck with a clay bar kit.
Our irrigation water is hard and sometimes it gets on my work car. I use the steel wool on it and it comes right off
The steel wool wouldnt just scratch the glass? I assume you mean like a Brilo pad.

May have to try that also. Looks like Chemical Guys has a water spot remover too. May try that and the steel wool before purchasing a polisher to try to cut it.
Never tried it myself, but haven’t been let down by anything they’ve produce yet.

Definitely frustrating not being able to get this out for sure. The person before me should have his rear kicked for such neglect

This stuff is amazing! Used it on my glass and the other for vehicle paint.

Most Member Reactions

Back