Purchase used Zr2

Would you consider buying higher mileage ZR2?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZR2Guy

Reaction score
Would you guys purchase a 2022 Silverado ZR2 6.2L with 86,000mi on it? The price is just under $42,000. It has a clean title and Carfax, looks to be in great shape and is being sold from a reputable dealer. Also, the maintenance history seems to be decent with no concerning issues listed.

My biggest concern would be maintenance costs. I had a ZR2 Colorado a few years ago and loved it but need something now that can tow slightly more.

Looking for input from you guys who have experience with them. I've noticed that there are a lot of concerns with the 6.2L on here but is it worth not buying it because of it?

Would you guys purchase a 2022 Silverado ZR2 6.2L with 86,000mi on it? The price is just under $42,000. It has a clean title and Carfax, looks to be in great shape and is being sold from a reputable dealer. Also, the maintenance history seems to be decent with no concerning issues listed.

My biggest concern would be maintenance costs. I had a ZR2 Colorado a few years ago and loved it but need something now that can tow slightly more.

Looking for input from you guys who have experience with them. I've noticed that there are a lot of concerns with the 6.2L on here but is it worth not buying it because of it?
If it was me...hard pass!

Without a comprehensive extended warranty, I would pass.

Rule of thumb out here in the sticks where I live is that most truck owners will either exceed the bed weight capacity or the hitch at least once if not repeatedly during their ownership. Thats a lot of unseen stress and damage when the vast majority of modern truck owners don’t know shit about how to actually use them.

Without a comprehensive extended warranty, I would pass.

Rule of thumb out here in the sticks where I live is that most truck owners will either exceed the bed weight capacity or the hitch at least once if not repeatedly during their ownership. Thats a lot of unseen stress and damage when the vast majority of modern truck owners don’t know shit about how to actually use them.
That’s why you find one from the city. They never use their trucks to haul anything but their asses.

If you really want a ZR2 and don’t want to spend anymore at this time then I would got for it. If you have to settle for a lesser truck then I would go for it because these trucks are damn nice and if you drive one you will know what I’m talking about. Check James Black Cadillac for warranty also. You stated that the truck has a good history which is important. You can make it work and can find a warranty if you are really wanting the truck. Credit Unions offer a pretty decent warranty if you end up financing. Good luck with your decision and for sure post up if you end up getting it plus a pic or the pic police will get you.

Most Member Reactions

Back