Plummeting value.

10mm always makes me chuckle..just get a 45 and stop screwing around.
I love my 1911 .45ACP, some of the smoothest and accurate pistols I own. Have an FNX supresssed and it's a hoot.

However, they aren't even in the same class as 10 mm ballistics. I hunt with 10mm, I would not hunt with a .45ACP.

I love my 1911 .45ACP, some of the smoothest and accurate pistols I own. Have an FNX supresssed and it's a hoot.

However, they aren't even in the same class as 10 mm ballistics. I hunt with 10mm, I would not hunt with a .45ACP.
Yeah, I have a couple of .45’s - double stack 1911 and an XD. We still had 1911’s when I joined the military in 1989. I have a fondness for them. I don’t own a 10mm, even though I have considered one. But… if I ever did spend any time where things that can eat me live, I’d have a Glock 20 or 3! I’d pick the 10mm 10 times outta 10 over the .45acp for that. Otherwise, gimme a .454 Casull Ruger Alaskan (have one sitting in the safe).

Oh, and back to the topic (kinda)… all those pistols are worth well more than I paid! What other toys can you own & enjoy (but take care of) and they appreciate vs depreciate???

Around here in DFW trucks especially the .5 ton have really fallen in market value. I was able to go to my dealer that I know very well and negotiated a deal for my best friend last month for almost 1500 below GM Supplier price. I used it to get my 3/4 ton ZR2 last October late when it was ordered and delivered in December.

The market is saturated and the ZR2 or ATX4 is nothing special just another option package and when the demand exceeds supply values fall. It is just that simple. The lots here are all chock full of trucks. My dealer has 671 .5 ton trucks and 19 ZR2's in stock advertising 10k off on the ZR2's in .5 ton and 214 HD's with 6 ZR2's.

Got a text from the sister company Classic GMC in Arlington last week asking if I was still in the market for a 2500 ATX4 and that they "were accepting GM Supplier pricing and other discounts".

I'm using a Dillon XL 750. I don't really load that fast, but it can fly if you load high volume.

The Square Deal is a long proven loader. It would be good, especially for a good price.

Dillon is a good company with excellent customer service. If you break a part, they'll send you one no charge. They are local to me and I've needed a couple parts. Walked in and walked out with new parts.

I think RCBS and Lee are good too. I know guys that use them and like them.

I think if you find something that fits your volume range and price you'll be happy.

I reloaded a lot with my Dad in the 70s and 80s and it was all single stage Herters equipment. Me and my brother punched out a lot of round with the ol man. Made killing time in the winter fun.
Thanks

Yeah, I have a couple of .45’s - double stack 1911 and an XD. We still had 1911’s when I joined the military in 1989. I have a fondness for them. I don’t own a 10mm, even though I have considered one. But… if I ever did spend any time where things that can eat me live, I’d have a Glock 20 or 3! I’d pick the 10mm 10 times outta 10 over the .45acp for that. Otherwise, gimme a .454 Casull Ruger Alaskan (have one sitting in the safe).

Oh, and back to the topic (kinda)… all those pistols are worth well more than I paid! What other toys can you own & enjoy (but take care of) and they appreciate vs depreciate???
I have an Alaskan in .454 Casull. It is a really well built revolver that is fun to shoot. I had a trigger job done to it and it rolls though the cylinder so smooth. Probably my favorite firearm to pull out and look at. Gets everyone's attention at the range when you launch a few 350g bullets. Oh and MSRP is now +$300.

Attachments

• 20240617_083454.jpg
    20240617_083454.jpg
    505.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back