New wheels and tires

BigChungus

Reaction score
Installing a 2.25 Peak Suspension right after Christmas and need some help with what I can fit. Going with Method 305 18x9 with -12 offset. How tall and wide of a tire can I go without major trimming. Don’t mind a little trim of the liner but nothing crazy. Tires will be Mickey MTZ. Thanks

Probably 295s, but some people say 35s work.

I trimmed a lot for 295s (34.5") and that same wheel. But that predated availability of the Peak lift.

You can check out my detailed thread and it'll show you what I did.

I saw the post you made. So that was stock lift? I’ve been trying to get in touch with Peak but they haven’t gotten back to me. They have multiple builds on instagram with 35s but they have limited information on the wheel offset and amount of trimming required.

Mine was stock suspension. Worked pretty well and looks good. If the Peak kit was available, I would have done it. Still not sure if they have blocks for the rear to keep it level. Mine only sits a little lower in front stock. I still think you trim to fit 35s without leveling. There's no room in these wheel wells.

I pulled this 305 (35") off my 2500 and this is what it looks like next to my 295 (34.5"). I think.its pretty telling.

Attachments

• 20231118_123913.jpg
    20231118_123913.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 94
Mine was stock suspension. Worked pretty well and looks good. If the Peak kit was available, I would have done it. Still not sure if they have blocks for the rear to keep it level. Mine only sits a little lower in front stock. I still think you trim to fit 35s without leveling. There's no room in these wheel wells.

I pulled this 305 (35") off my 2500 and this is what it looks like next to my 295 (34.5"). I think.its pretty telling.
im still looking for pics without front bumper end caps with larger tires you 4wd nuts have yet to remove. i thought it helped angle approach??

Reactions: AXE
The whole front end is modular, but interlocks with many fasteners to make a ridged unit. When I pulled my front fascia, the end caps were loose as hell. Had to tie wrap them up for a couple days. I would be concerned if you pulled the endcaps if the front fender and middle section would be loose.

The whole front end is modular, but interlocks with many fasteners to make a ridged unit. When I pulled my front fascia, the end caps were loose as hell. Had to tie wrap them up for a couple days. I would be concerned if you pulled the endcaps if the front fender and middle section would be loose.
👍👍

I finally got a response back from peak suspension. They are telling me that I can fit a 35 inch tire on a zero offset wheel without rubbing. Not sure how much of that I believe can be accomplished without trimming, but that is what they are telling me.

I finally got a response back from peak suspension. They are telling me that I can fit a 35 inch tire on a zero offset wheel without rubbing. Not sure how much of that I believe can be accomplished without trimming, but that is what they are telling me.
i would double check that info.

Reactions: AXE
i would double check that info.
Email came straight from Peak. My question to them was on their Instagram. They have a lot of trucks claiming to be running 35s with no rubbing. So I asked them what offset they were running and was there any trimming involved they replied to me was most of those trucks are running 35x1250s with zero offset.

I’m dropping the truck off on the 26th to get the peak system installed. We are going to go with just under a 35 basically 34 x 12 on a 0 offset wheel. I’ll see how much room I have with those on it and then be able to decide if later on I can fit a 35 x 12 50.

Email came straight from Peak. My question to them was on their Instagram. They have a lot of trucks claiming to be running 35s with no rubbing. So I asked them what offset they were running and was there any trimming involved they replied to me was most of those trucks are running 35x1250s with zero offset.
search faq/ threads on tires. guys here already did the math. i hope they are correct.

No rubbing sitting in the driveway or no rubbing on the trail in rough terrain is the real question.

Every truck sits slightly different too, some guys say no rubbing, others have said minimal rubbing.

0 offset will help. If you have to trim, it's not difficult.

Most Member Reactions

Back