New Here - Getting ZR2 Back This Week

AlaskaGriz

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been watching and reading this forum for a few weeks. I bought my 2022 ZR2 with 5000 miles on it but it lasted only 4 days before the engine seized. Dealer is taking good care of me so far. Ordered the engine right away and it is almost finished being repaired. Estimated delivery is early this week. I really love owning this truck, well......... while I had it. It's a real head-turner too - lol.

Unfortunately it stranded me and my family in a remote highway about 100 miles from home. After the towing anxiety, it did make to the dealership unharmed. Because it is a GM Certified used vehicle, I was provided a new Courtesy SUV but I really want my truck back instead. Wish me well that the new engine replacement is trouble free. Posted a picture I took on that fatal trip.

I'll share more pictures with Alaska backgrounds and improvements I make in the future.

Dave
IMG_9966_Resized.jpg

I get my 23 ZR2 back tomorrow with a new paint job and the spare tire the Original dealer failed to give me.. lol it only took 9 months...
I was beginning to loose all faith in GM untill I was introduced to the North East regional director for GM.
What a sweetheart! She means business !
The next day after my conversation with her a Dealer in central Maine called me and everything was resolved !
Chevy Customer care was useless. The fella name is Charlie so be ware of him! Smooth talker with no interest in a resolve!

I get my 23 ZR2 back tomorrow with a new paint job and the spare tire the Original dealer failed to give me.. lol it only took 9 months...
I was beginning to loose all faith in GM untill I was introduced to the North East regional director for GM.
The next day after my conversation with her a Dealer in central Maine called me and everything was resolved !
Chevy Customer care was useless. The fella name is Charlie so be ware of him! Smooth talker with no interest in a resolve!
excellent info. glad stayed with it.

Dang! Glad you are getting taken care of

Well that was very disappointing story with a hopeful better outcome. Would like to know why it seized.
But welcome, looking forward to more outdoor pics.

Thank you everyone who replied. Appreciate the encouragement as well. New engine is installed and the dealer says it is ready except for needing an alignment. So, I wait for a few more days. Hope I get it back early this week.

A picture of it outside of the garage - lol
resized2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you everyone who replied. Appreciate the encouragement as well. New engine is installed and the dealer says it is ready except for needing an alignment. So, I wait for a few more days. Hope I get it back early this week.

A picture of it outside of the garage - lol
Great news!

Even the garage looks super Alaskan 👌

Woohoo!!! Finally got my truck back. I had it for 4 days and the dealer had it for 2.5 months. Now have to be responsible and break-in the engine for the next 500 miles.

It's running and driving great. Has the factory Borla exhaust on it so it's sweet music on every startup. Service writer said it turned heads in the shop when they started it. Lots of great comments.

Engine had Main Bearing Seized and Cylinder 8 Gouged.

Whew, it's been a journey but glad to have it back. Added some pics I took today.

Dave
New_Engine-1.gif
1 Day After New Engine-2.gif

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back