missing factory items

bdar66

Reaction score
finally got my Colorado zr2 after what has been the worst purchasing experience I've ever had getting a new gm vehicle. ill spare you the details of everything i went through before the truck got ordered and landed. im just curious if any one else recently received their truck with out the rock sliders and the front skid plate. i had to argue with my dealer to take the rock sliders off another truck on the lot and put them on mine for over an hour before i would even consider signing paper work. they tried to claim that they have become red tagged and are no longer putting them on trucks for this model year. yet the 5 others that came on the transport truck all had them. after the 3 hour headache trying to get everything with that figured out i didn't notice almost a month later that my truck doesn't have the front metal skid plate on it either. my dome light has also broken. i love the truck but this hasn't been a very enjoyable experience for me so far.

I had to wait about a week after I got my rig to get the steps that were supposed to be there. Same round and round about them not being able to pull them from another truck. Then they wanted me to wait longer to install them. Sidebar convo with the service manager allowed me to pull around to the back of the service department, throw them in the back of the truck, and I installed them myself.

Sad deal for sure, but yes I e read where some 1500 Bisons also did not have the rock sliders either, as to the skid plate, not heard of that one yet

Reactions: AXE
I had to wait about a week after I got my rig to get the steps that were supposed to be there. Same round and round about them not being able to pull them from another truck. Then they wanted me to wait longer to install them. Sidebar convo with the service manager allowed me to pull around to the back of the service department, throw them in the back of the truck, and I installed them myself.
thing about the sliders is they are on all zr2's luckily we are family friends of the owner of the dealer i went to and while i don't like giving him a call about things i had to this time. now im sure im going to have to fight for the front skid plate.

Sad deal for sure, but yes I e read where some 1500 Bisons also did not have the rock sliders either, as to the skid plate, not heard of that one yet
i knew the truck looked a little off and i for some reason couldn't figure out why and the minute it was pointed out to my attention it was like glass shattering. that expensive air dam thing is all exposed and stuff just odd. this is the first factory ordered vehicle i have ever done and its kind of turned me off to ordering what i want and just get something they have like ive always done.

Yuup, there’s a lot of things to check off when taking delivery of a new rig, stay on em, and make them show you why they shouldn’t, not make an excuse like they can’t do anything about it.

Any pics of when it was new? Was it on there? I'm just wondering if it was stolen. As it's simply bolted on.

Any pics of when it was new? Was it on there? I'm just wondering if it was stolen. As it's simply bolted on.
i looked back at pictures form the day after i got it and it wasn't on there then. i don't live in an area where stuff really gets stolen and have not left the truck anywhere where that would happen either.

Most Member Reactions

Back