Infotainment system slow

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
My zR2 has been very solid so far. Only my 2nd Silverado after 9 Ram’s. Love this truck but the infotainment system is terrible, glitchy and slow. I’ve had the typical tach/speedo disappearing which resets after key off and back on. I’ve noticed that the HUD resets every key cycle to the highest position which cuts off the top for me. The infotainment system takes at least 45-60 seconds to start up and give me radio or car play. I’m extremely disappointed in the Tech in this truck, the lack of gauges available, more precisely a summary page that shows values for important stuff to watch so I don’t have to scroll through everything to see what I want. I installed banks gauges but a $90k truck should have something more than bar style dumb gauges. So I solved the gauge issue with a pair of Banks idashes, the remaining thing that drives me crazy is how slow this infotainment system is, not only startup but switching between screens takes 3-5 seconds. So if I want to switch from Sirius to say Spotify you wind up taking your eyes off the road for 3-5 seconds, terrible. I never had any issues like this in the Ram trucks. Dealer tells me it’s normal in the silverados, have a hard time believing they are all this slow.

My zR2 has been very solid so far. Only my 2nd Silverado after 9 Ram’s. Love this truck but the infotainment system is terrible, glitchy and slow. I’ve had the typical tach/speedo disappearing which resets after key off and back on. I’ve noticed that the HUD resets every key cycle to the highest position which cuts off the top for me. The infotainment system takes at least 45-60 seconds to start up and give me radio or car play. I’m extremely disappointed in the Tech in this truck, the lack of gauges available, more precisely a summary page that shows values for important stuff to watch so I don’t have to scroll through everything to see what I want. I installed banks gauges but a $90k truck should have something more than bar style dumb gauges. So I solved the gauge issue with a pair of Banks idashes, the remaining thing that drives me crazy is how slow this infotainment system is, not only startup but switching between screens takes 3-5 seconds. So if I want to switch from Sirius to say Spotify you wind up taking your eyes off the road for 3-5 seconds, terrible. I never had any issues like this in the Ram trucks. Dealer tells me it’s normal in the silverados, have a hard time believing they are all this slow.
Needs the latest Software update.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 3

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back