HD surround vision problem

TexanZR2

Reaction score
Just recently purchased my truck (‘24 ZR2 Bison with the baby Duramax & optional towing mirrors). When I test drove it, I noticed the HD surround vision looked weird. The left and right side cameras were distorted heavily. The views were so far off that the rear tire camera view showed the sky instead of the rear wheels. The salesman said there was already a warranty ticket created for it to be repaired. So I bought the truck anyways and five days later, took it back for the repair. Fast-forward three weeks at GM field engineer had to be called in because the dealership could not figure it out. The last update is that there’s a problem with the software and are now waiting to hear back from GM engineers. Starting to wonder if I should’ve bought this truck or not. Have any of you guys or gals experienced this?

Attachments

• IMG_0432.jpeg
    IMG_0432.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_9494.jpeg
    IMG_9494.jpeg
    495.2 KB · Views: 58
Welcome! Nice purchase!

Have not had those issues but I am starting to get an error code here and then with the surround vision (non hd mirrors) when ever I hit the camera button manually. Shows a black screen then a few seconds later starts to work normally

Welcome from North Texas. I’m not seeing your issue in that first pic though.
Nice lookin rig
In the overhead view on the left side of the screen, if you look at the video stitching between the tailgate camera and the side cameras, you can see gray lines. The side cameras aren’t looking at the ground back there so it’s creating those lines

Just recently purchased my truck (‘24 ZR2 Bison with the baby Duramax & optional towing mirrors). When I test drove it, I noticed the HD surround vision looked weird. The left and right side cameras were distorted heavily. The views were so far off that the rear tire camera view showed the sky instead of the rear wheels. The salesman said there was already a warranty ticket created for it to be repaired. So I bought the truck anyways and five days later, took it back for the repair. Fast-forward three weeks at GM field engineer had to be called in because the dealership could not figure it out. The last update is that there’s a problem with the software and are now waiting to hear back from GM engineers. Starting to wonder if I should’ve bought this truck or not. Have any of you guys or gals experienced this?
Lots of electronic bullshit with these trucks. Tell them to reprogram the BCM if the updates don't work.

UPDATE
After speaking with my service advisor I was told that all efforts to resolve the issue including having the GM engineer come to look at it have not been successful. I was told that GM engineers are working on a new software update regarding recalibration of the surround system and that it will be released sometime in fall of this year(2024) and that I would be given priority for the reprogram due to there being a specific case associated with my truck and GM engineers findings.
In the meantime I was to go pick it up, BUT, when the tech went to drive the truck out after trying to reflash the associated modules multiple times, he noticed that the power steering wasn’t working. Turns out the PS module stopped communicating and now they have to put a new rack in it. Just crazy!

So, fingers crossed, I will update this thread if/when GM pushes the update

Well I haven’t looked in there too far. But the rig has electric PS, so I’m not sure how a whole new rack squares with that. Maybe someone else has an explanation
Not sure I’m buying that just yet

Most engineers that I deal with couldn’t find their ass if they had both hands in their back pockets. Hopefully they can find a good tech to figure it out for them.
I was in a room full today.......all pretty solid electrical and civil engineers. Working on developing a 1000MW natural gas fired power plant and hundreds of miles of 230kV transmission line. I suspect a good bit different than "software" engineers. But people dont like when the power grid is down, so we try harderer.

I was in a room full today.......all pretty solid electrical and civil engineers. Working on developing a 1000MW natural gas fired power plant and hundreds of miles of 230kV transmission line. I suspect a good bit different than "software" engineers. But people dont like when the power grid is down, so we try harderer.
Using Solars or GE’s?

Using Solars or GE’s?
We're in pre-development so it hasn't been determined. The utility is actually trying to negotiate with manufacturers to get a delivery date. They are being told the queue is 5 years out. Might be able to buy their way up in the queue, but not sure. Once they get a better understanding of delivery commitments, they'll finalize their in service dates and proceed from there.

I’ve had my truck back for a week and I definitely missed it lol.

It wasn’t trouble-free swapping out the loaner as the dealership tried to blame $2500+ worth of pre existing damage to one of the doors on me for about 30 minutes until realizing they already had a warranty claim in the works from the previous user. Made me feel real good about taking a $80000 truck off their lot

I wanted to include pics of the RO so ya’ll can read the tech notes as well as share a specific photo of the issue so you guys can get a better idea of my original complaint. You’re supposed to be looking at the rear wheels instead of the sky lol

I thought it was interesting how they were swapping parts from a known good working truck trying to diagnose the problem. I’d say the tech did everything he could to narrow down the problem and I appreciate his diligence.

Attachments

• IMG_9612.jpeg
    IMG_9612.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9606.jpeg
    IMG_9606.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9607.jpeg
    IMG_9607.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9608.jpeg
    IMG_9608.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9609.jpeg
    IMG_9609.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 22
Most engineers that I deal with couldn’t find their ass if they had both hands in their back pockets. Hopefully they can find a good tech to figure it out for them.
Well then...you've never dealt with me :) As an engineer, I totally get where you're coming from though so no offense taken ;) Every project that my team and I have ever worked, we always take into account, and think hard about, someone will have to fix this one day...let's do all that we can to make it as easy as possible on the repair tech. If only the automotive engineers thought the same way 😥

Well then...you've never dealt with me :) As an engineer, I totally get where you're coming from though so no offense taken ;) Every project that my team and I have ever worked, we always take into account, and think hard about, someone will have to fix this one day...let's do all that we can to make it as easy as possible on the repair tech. If only the automotive engineers thought the same way 😥
You sir sound as though you came up through the ranks rather than a book educated engineer who has no real world experience like the ones I deal with on a daily basis.

Most Member Reactions

Back