How to use the tow hooks for the wrong purpose

DNZR2

Reaction score
The one thing you definitely don’t want to use the tow hooks for. Got t-boned yesterday evening. Thankfully everyone walked away with my ZR2 tore up down the entire left side, the front tire laid over at a 45 and fluid coming out all over the place. Wondering why the side air curtain didn’t deploy.

Attachments

• IMG_2097.jpeg
    IMG_2097.jpeg
    710.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2096.jpeg
    IMG_2096.jpeg
    585 KB · Views: 146
The one thing you definitely don’t want to use the tow hooks for. Got t-boned yesterday evening. Thankfully everyone walked away with my ZR2 tore up down the entire left side, the front tire laid over at a 45 and fluid coming out all over the place. Wondering why the side air curtain didn’t deploy.
glad you are ok..

Glad everyone is ok. When you replace it with the right color make sure you also get the right motor this time as well.
I would like the diesel for pulling the trailer with our Harley’s but that is only 2 weeks out of the year. My daily commute is only 14 miles each way so wouldn’t be good for a diesel. The 6.2 did an excellent job on both.

I would like the diesel for pulling the trailer with our Harley’s but that is only 2 weeks out of the year. My daily commute is only 14 miles each way so wouldn’t be good for a diesel. The 6.2 did an excellent job on both.
Thats about the commute for me to get groceries ;)

Glad everyone is ok!
Guessing it's a total loss, hope your insurance does you right.

Sorry to see this happened. Hopefully you can get a new rig quickly!

So I went over to the tow yard today to sign the release so my insurance company could pick up the truck and take it to the repair shop for the estimate. Really hope they total it after seeing this. It was attached when the truck was loaded on the flatbed at the accident scene

Attachments

• IMG_2101.jpeg
    IMG_2101.jpeg
    449.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2102.jpeg
    IMG_2102.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 35
Sucks, took that chunk out of the wheel too. Lots of parts, did you get a look at the tailgate section? How tweaked?

So I went over to the tow yard today to sign the release so my insurance company could pick up the truck and take it to the repair shop for the estimate. Really hope they total it after seeing this. It was attached when the truck was loaded on the flatbed at the accident scene
I hope they total it or consider it a complete loss.

If they don't, have the shop pull the axles and front differentials. Just because the casing doesn't look damage doesn't mean the side impact into that wheel didn't damage some of the internal parts of your from drivetrain.

I hope they total it or consider it a complete loss.

If they don't, have the shop pull the axles and front differentials. Just because the casing doesn't look damage doesn't mean the side impact into that wheel didn't damage some of the internal parts of your from drivetrain.
Either way the insurance company decides and as much as I like this truck, I’m pretty sure it won’t be coming back home.

Glad everyone is okay. Hope you get a new one out of the deal.

Most Member Reactions

Back